Page 311 of 366 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelowrey View Post
    What brand is it?
    http://www.rockwellwater.com/?action=home

I got it from a local distributor that advertises on a local online classified. I did a lot of thinking and researching to find one that fits my house. This one goes through a 28" door and is only 80" tall. The ellipse shape was pretty clever I thought.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    If the world becomes post-apocalyptic - do you really care to carry on?

Maybe you do...

I don't.

To be fair, I'm rather long in the tooth - so yes, it's a bit easier for me to say such things.

As a kid, for many years, I lived akin to a post-apocalyptic life and frankly I'd rather be dead than live it again...after all, you're not getting out this world alive anyway....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    If the world becomes post-apocalyptic - do you really care to carry on?

Maybe you do...

I don't.

To be fair, I'm rather long in the tooth - so yes, it's a bit easier for me to say such things.

As a kid, for many years, I lived akin to a post-apocalyptic life and frankly I'd rather be dead than live it again...after all, you're not getting out this world alive anyway....
    Yes, I do care to carry on - for many, many reasons. Primarily for those I love and to whom I am responsible. To summarize from one of my favorite verses:

Romans 5:3-5

3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Feedback Score
    cinco,

We're not arguing.

If, there's a post-apocalyptic world, I wish you the best.

I've lived it - to a degree. It's called grinding poverty, - no thanks.

With the wisdom of hindsight, I'd rather be dead....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    cinco,

We're not arguing.

If, there's a post-apocalyptic world, I wish you the best.

I've lived it - to a degree. It's called grinding poverty, - no thanks.

With the wisdom of hindsight, I'd rather be dead....
    Abraham (btw - like your name!) - no arguing my friend - didn't mean it to come across like that. No hard feelings of any sort. On the contrary, I believe you may have some valuable insight to add to this particular sub-forum - if you so choose and feel comfortable in doing so. Some of the most insightful information I came across was from those who have lived a life different to my own.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Ordered another 40rd pmag
    $24 shipped from az armament
    i like dating homeless girls.
    when you're done with them
    you can drop them off anywhere

Colt 6920(x2, soon to be 3), Glock 30s (×2), gen 4: 19,21.
    m70ab2 u/f, wasr

Feedback Score
    Might sound a little strange to some but I began mapping the cities common area water valves. There are hundreds of them through out the city to water green belts and common areas. If the power goes out and water becomes a problem there will be hundreds of gallons of water trapped in the underground irrigation system throughout the city. This along with my other water options I should be okay for quite some time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Image Group View Post
    Might sound a little strange to some but I began mapping the cities common area water valves. There are hundreds of them through out the city to water green belts and common areas. If the power goes out and water becomes a problem there will be hundreds of gallons of water trapped in the underground irrigation system throughout the city. This along with my other water options I should be okay for quite some time.
    Very smart!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Image Group View Post
    That is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time! Smart!

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the positive feedback. I was thinking I might be a little off my rocker by coming up with it.

Page 311 of 366 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361 ... LastLast