Page 312 of 366 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Image Group View Post
    I was thinking I might be a little off my rocker by coming up with it.
    Not at all. Public utilities, hotel hot-water heaters, commerical irrigation systems, et al. are all full of potable water that MOST people would never think about.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I would like to add a warning to this plan, some municipalities utilize reclaimed water to water common areas this meaning treated sewage water. Find out first if any of the irrigations systems you might be eyeing does. Most will use a purple colored pvc pipe. If this is the case then take appropriate actions.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Image Group View Post
    I would like to add a warning to this plan, some municipalities utilize reclaimed water to water common areas this meaning treated sewage water. Find out first if any of the irrigations systems you might be eyeing does. Most will use a purple colored pvc pipe. If this is the case then take appropriate actions.
    Well then there is this. I would surmise that most cities would have some information available. You can always call, act like a good tree hugger, and ask your local authorities to see if they use reclaimed water and where. Play it off like you are green and all that.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    since I heard Uncle Joe recommend a shotgun, and I had that terrible boating accident, my bride bought me a shotgun as an early Christmas present. Of course it is black and evil, and just a single barrel not an expensive double barrel like Uncle Joe has, but it is a shotgun.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    2more 40rd pmags at $20 ezch shipped
    http://www.44mag.com/product/magpul_...pmag_magazines
    i like dating homeless girls.
    when you're done with them
    you can drop them off anywhere

Colt 6920(x2, soon to be 3), Glock 30s (×2), gen 4: 19,21.
    m70ab2 u/f, wasr

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    At my casa last night the mercury dipped to 13° and the wind chill was hovering around 8°. We don't get snow storms, we get ICE storms . . . about 4" accumulation. Broke out all the cold weather gear I've been squirreling away. Tested various clothing, the better half and I donned our GORE-TEX hardshells, fleece mid-layers, base layers, hats, gloves and ventured out in the cold for some winter fun. Asolo boots are some of the best investments in gear that I have made!

Here is a pic of what the shelves at a local Wal-Mart look like when a Winter Storm hits, posted on FB by a local FOX affiliate . . . plan accordingly.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 12-07-13 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    At my casa last night the mercury dipped to 13° and the wind chill was hovering around 8°. We don't get snow storms, we get ICE storms . . . about 4" accumulation. Broke out all the cold weather gear I've been squirreling away. Tested various clothing, the better half and I donned our GORE-TEX hardshells, fleece mid-layers, base layers, hats, gloves and ventured out in the cold for some winter fun. Asolo boots are some of the best investments in gear that I have made!

Here is a pic of what the shelves at a local Wal-Mart look like when a Winter Storm hits, posted on FB by a local FOX affiliate . . . plan accordingly.

This should indicate what would happen had something catastophe were to happen, only faster.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphman View Post
    This should indicate what would happen had something catastophe were to happen, only faster.
    It was rather quit humorous. Several friends of ours, one the next neighborhood over and the others the next town from us were out of power for days during the coldest part of the winter storm. The wife and I ventured out to our local WM on day three of the cold snap for our normal shopping. We laughed as we spied the EMPTY, frozen pizza shelves, bread shelves, and cold-cut section. An overwhelming majority of people are not even prepared enough to make it a weekend without instant out of the box junk food. My wife churned homemade butter, cooked a big pot of homemade chili, and even experimented with a new fudge recipe with all the time she had at home during the storm. Hell, even the windshield ice scrapers and deicer sprays were stripped bare!

Feedback Score
    Bought a second PulseTech 5 watt solar charge panel to keep my truck battery charged/desulphated since I am only driving it one day a week (8.1 burns gas), received multi-cam helmet cover and multi-cam pants to go with other multi-cam apparel/plate carrier.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Woo-hoo, finally scored some Winchester PDX1 7.62x39, same place also had Winchester NATO 9mm for $15 a box so I helped myself to all they had. Been a while since I have seen any on shelves.

Page 312 of 366 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362 ... LastLast