Page 313 of 366 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    I finished another old-food experiment. If the electric goes out, your first inclination would be to quickly consume all the food in the refrigerator before it goes bad. I noticed, though, that the sell-by date on my Walmart lactose-free, low-fat milk was like a month and a half out there. Could it be that it was super-pasteurized enough that I could take my time drinking it? Day one, I brought the milk home and left it at room temperature - about 75F. Day 5, I broke the seal and tried it with no problem noted. It took until day 15 before it took on a slightly tangy flavor, reminiscent of yogurt. So at least for this one product, I know I don't have to use it up fast.

Feedback Score
    Well its not your typical prep but I sold my sports car and picked up a truck. The way things are trending along with my own personal forecasts having a vehicle that can move you/family and provisions is a must. One of these days I will get back into a sports car as a weekend/good weather car while keeping a truck. Going to miss the fun that sports car gave but it was pain always asking the parents if I could borrow their suburban to go fishing or out to a buddies land. Even some shooting ranges the car couldn't make it through the pot hole infested gravel parking lots.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Today I made some cookies with the kids and laid out some deer corn for some late night visitors.......

Merry Christmas
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Today I made some cookies with the kids and laid out some deer corn for some late night visitors.......

Merry Christmas
    Important prep! Merry Christmas to you and your's Doc.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Important prep! Merry Christmas to you and your's Doc.
    And I hope that you also had a very good Christmas.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Two of us got our flu shots today... the others will get theirs once the insurance co computers un-crash themselves.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I got a 3 pack headlamps with batteries for Christmas. I think they are $10 at costco and seem pretty decent.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Purchased and installed a redundant carbon monoxide detector, replaced all the batteries in all the smoke/CO alarms throughout the casa. While I was at Home Depot buying filters for the HVAC and return vents I spied a smoking deal on a DeWALT plier set, they were $20 + before Christmas. At that price buy a couple for different vehicles and or properties.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Pl...specifications
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Built a couple lowers today while I had some free time, I guess its better to have them operational then redundant spare parts sitting in a safe.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PA, ya know little things like that really add up. Thx

Page 313 of 366 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363 ... LastLast