Page 314 of 366 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Loaded 250 rounds of .38 Special. 158 gr. JSP with 4.9 grains of Bullseye, should be pushing 850 fps. and did it on a single stage press.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ordered 2k of 5.45...price was too good not to (well...compared to 5.56 anyway).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought a backup bcm bolt, firing pin, and grip core for my DD ar15, and 420 rounds of xm855.
    I also bought more water for storage.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a nice used base station antenna for my 2-meter radio. That should give me some serious range once I get it in the air.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I got some more Wise Food in this week. I also got some 5.56 .62 Gr ammo for a very good price but I could only get a 300 rounds. I also got some more slugs for the old 12 Gauge. Overall a good week.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    My 12 pack order for Panasonic CR123 batteries from Battery Junction came in. Still thinking about a spare bolt for the AR.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I got some more Wise Food in this week. I also got some 5.56 .62 Gr ammo for a very good price but I could only get a 300 rounds. I also got some more slugs for the old 12 Gauge. Overall a good week.
    Just noticed, congrats on your SME title Doc!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Thanks...Holy Crap what does that mean?????...LOL

It took some time to verify my credentials and I just did not know about it.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Doc,
    I've been shopping the freeze dried/long term food storage brands lately and not yet found one to stand out to me. Do you have a short list of reasons on why you chose Wise Food? My beef with all of them is there claims for how long a package lasts...I've looked closer at it and they were claiming 3 servings per day for 4 persons for a month. A serving was ~250 calories. My 2 year old wouldn't make it on 750 cal per day. I just hate misleading marketing.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    Got some more organization in the storage room by buying some more shelving at Costco. It makes it easier to assess where to spend money when organization is increased allowing to see what you have and what you don't.

Got a Ruger LCP for deep concealed carry when at work, I have to wear shirt and tie or surgical scrubs so the XD subcompact just couldn't come with. I don't love the new pistol but having something is better than not.

Sportsman's Warehouse had .223/5.56 in stock over the weekend, I got my 3 box limit of M193. It was too expensive at 9.99 per but meh, it was only 3 boxes. Still haven't found any .22lr the times I've been in stores. I don't hound it like I'd need to in order to get some though, I just don't have the time or energy once I'm free from the hospital.

Did a significant "prep" of sorts yesterday...My wife and I both upgraded our NRA memberships to Life memberships. Hopefully its a prep towards preventing the end of our way of life.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Page 314 of 366 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364 ... LastLast