Page 331 of 366 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    What NOD's would you recommend?

I reloaded 200 rounds of 77gr SMK's over CFE223.
    I like the PVS-14 style, because I have been using it for about 15 years I am sure. There are several companies that make them now. I would say to make sure that they are the ones that are compatible with the USGI stuff. This because all of the accessories are readily available and you can even get some surplus stuff to use with the em rather cheap (helmet, weapon, and mounts). Two companies that make decent stuff are ANT and Armsight. You can get a good quality PVS-14 for around $2,200.

If you can afford it just go with a PVS-14 from TNVC. That is going to be top quality stuff. https://tnvc.com/shop/category/night-vision-monoculars/
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thank-you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Started dating a National Guard combat medic who served one tour in Iraq. Shes also got one more semester before she is a certified paramedic. Can't beat that, our first date she cleaned my colt m-4. Love at first sight.

Feedback Score
    Been steadily adding to the ammo piles....223/5.56/9MM as well as buying silver coins online from Gainesville coin and Provident Metals.

But still can't find cheap (less than $0.06) .22's anywhere, and I have enough to hold out buying for a while longer.

Take Care,

Buzz

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So as I moseyed through my local Cabela’s to pick up some Federal M80 7.62 NATO they had on sale I discovered they also were running a special on their winter footgear. Normally I shy away from their house brand of apparel/footwear but I had to roll the dice on a pair of their Men’s XPG mid hikers. Normally they run $140 but they had them on for $100. They come with a Vibram XS Trek outsole and have GORE-TEX Extended Comfort linings. Two points which sold me on a pair of $100 boots. I opted for the Forrest Green color; really it’s more of a sage/Foliage Green. I have been wanting an inexpensive yet functional hiker for everyday wear during the cold months. I had the privilege of only having a pair of trail running shoes on me during a winter storm that came out of nowhere last winter, several inches deep of Slurpee like slush on the ground soaked right through. Needless to say these boots fill that void now.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Picked up a Cammenga tritium lensatic and a Suunto MC-2 global compass' now all bags have a good compass in them as well as GPS. Started teaching the HH6 how to read a map and to use the compass, she has the GPS down. Also added to the med bags, and added comms.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Been taking advantage of Black Friday left overs . . .

Picked up OTTE Gear GoreTex gaiters for me and the Mrs. half-off!

Stocked up on Eveready Gold 'AA' and 'AAA' batteries, the Home Depot has 24 packs for $3.88! The Home Depot also has a hell of deal on Crescent wrench sets, three wrenches for $13 to add to our vehicle tool kits.

Oh and another case of diapers that was on sale, it's the little victories lol . . .
    Walmart had packs of 24 AAA with 12 AA (may have been 24 of each, I'd have to look again) for under $7 on Black Friday. I bought almost as many batteries as I did gifts lol.

I recently loaded all of my loose Prvi 69gr bullets (650), and still working on trimming brass to load 1000 62gr training rounds.

Once that brass is complete I'm also doing more ladder loads on some Nosler 69 and 77gr.

Since we have had so much rain in the past few weeks, I may go ahead and till up the garden and get it prepped. My land is like brick otherwise.

Tapatalk'd

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDawg46L View Post

Since we have had so much rain in the past few weeks, I may go ahead and till up the garden and get it prepped. My land is like brick otherwise.

Tapatalk'd
    If you have a lot of room in your garden plot, consider putting down a 6-8 inch layer of wood mulch/chips in an area and try gardening directly in the chips. I tried this technique here in South TX and it works pretty well in my little garden. Suggest you put a good layer of come type of organic fertilizer first, like chicken/cow manure, bat guano, etc. Also, add some blood meal below the wood chips too.

Don't make the mistake of tilling the wood chips in as they will rob the soil of nitrogen, taking it away from your plants.

Check out this video...pretty cool concept and pretty easy as heck! The man who conducts the tour, Paul, is an unapologetic believer in God, so if that bothers you, well, I'm sorry. But you should still listen as the message about growing natural plants is amazing.

http://youtu.be/uM_gtZb8qyk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    If you have a lot of room in your garden plot, consider putting down a 6-8 inch layer of wood mulch/chips in an area and try gardening directly in the chips. I tried this technique here in South TX and it works pretty well in my little garden. Suggest you put a good layer of come type of organic fertilizer first, like chicken/cow manure, bat guano, etc. Also, add some blood meal below the wood chips too.

Don't make the mistake of tilling the wood chips in as they will rob the soil of nitrogen, taking it away from your plants.

Check out this video...pretty cool concept and pretty easy as heck! The man who conducts the tour, Paul, is an unapologetic believer in God, so if that bothers you, well, I'm sorry. But you should still listen as the message about growing natural plants is amazing.

http://youtu.be/uM_gtZb8qyk
    That's awesome. Thanks. I'll watch the vid later.

I've tried putting mulch out and letting it compost to soften the ground. Works for the first few inches of dirt but you hit that brick layer just under. I may just bring in some other soil and do a raised bed this year. My dad has been doing that for a years with much better success.

Tapatalk'd

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDawg46L View Post
    That's awesome. Thanks. I'll watch the vid later.

I've tried putting mulch out and letting it compost to soften the ground. Works for the first few inches of dirt but you hit that brick layer just under. I may just bring in some other soil and do a raised bed this year. My dad has been doing that for a years with much better success.

Tapatalk'd
    Raised beds are THE way to go, unless you like weeding and tilling your garden. Get the book Square Foot Gardening and follow the instructions on soil mix and using weed barrier. Your gardening life will never be the same. I am a complete noob in the ways of gardening but I've had 2 very productive years using this method (my first and only 2 years ever gardening BTW).

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Square-Foot-Ga.../dp/1591865484
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Page 331 of 366 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast