Page 354 of 366 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    Here too. I went to Sam's Club yesterday to pick up some canned goods, disinfecting wipes, soap, propane and various other items we normally get once a month or so. They weren't low on anything. They even had a decent stock of hand sanitizer, which is running low just about everywhere
    Exact situation in central VA. Sam’s had everything I went in to get, besides N95 masks. Lysol wipes and hand sanitizer was plentiful. Spent $450 on a bunch of stuff, pet food, canned food, cleaning stuff, TP, medication, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by drsal View Post
    You say quarantine, I say "stay-cation" !
    That’s all good and fine until a quarantine stretches into week 4 or more, and people start going door to door asking (and then demanding) for help. Watch Bob, the operations manager at the local Lowe’s, who has never even gotten cited for speeding, turn into a violent home-invading looter, because he can’t stand the sight of his 2 little kids starving.

Pro tip: answer door knocks through a closed door. They need to know your house is occupied, but they don’t need to see you or the inside of your home. In the strongest command presence voice you can muster, tell them “I cannot help you. Leave and don’t come back.” You need to be intimidating.
    Last edited by Mozart; 03-03-20 at 08:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Costco had plenty of water yesterday around 4pm just no gallon jugs. Also saw a sign that said limit of 5 for the rest. Sign wasn't up on Saturday when I stopped in

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My wife and I started doing some simple morning PT yesterday. Basic stuff, push-ups, sit-ups, etc. Not trying to get "swoll" but just work some muscles that haven't been used very much since I got out of the Army. Also talking about going for more hikes/walks, including some with packs or in kit. We'll see.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    That’s all good and fine until a quarantine stretches into week 4 or more, and people start going door to door asking (and then demanding) for help. Watch Bob, the operations manager at the local Lowe’s, who has never even gotten cited for speeding, turn into a violent home-invading looter, because he can’t stand the sight of his 2 little kids starving.

Pro tip: answer door knocks through a closed door. They need to know your house is occupied, but they don’t need to see you or the inside of your home. In the strongest command presence voice you can muster, tell them “I cannot help you. Leave and don’t come back.” You need to be intimidating.
    There are additional preventative items on hand as well :-)
    Last edited by drsal; 03-03-20 at 12:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    My wife and I started doing some simple morning PT yesterday. Basic stuff, push-ups, sit-ups, etc. Not trying to get "swoll" but just work some muscles that haven't been used very much since I got out of the Army. Also talking about going for more hikes/walks, including some with packs or in kit. We'll see.
    Staying fit and healthy is a good preventative measure against illness. Wife and I routinely do 4-6 mile jaunts 3-4x/week; sometimes I carry a slightly weighted small back pack 5-10 lbs for an additional workout.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Costco had plenty of water yesterday around 4pm just no gallon jugs. Also saw a sign that said limit of 5 for the rest. Sign wasn't up on Saturday when I stopped in
    Are people thinking that the water supply is going to be shut off? If it gets that EOTWAWKI, the bigger threat from lack of water is fire.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Are people thinking that the water supply is going to be shut off? If it gets that EOTWAWKI, the bigger threat from lack of water is fire.
    Not sure. I always have rotating water so it's not something unusual to purchase for me

Feedback Score
    If your job can be done remotely and you haven't been hooked up yet, encourage your emplyer to do so.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    For most places, the power getting shut off would lead to water getting shut off. The pumps for municipal sources, or the pump for your personal well. The grid is pretty much on auto pilot and doesn’t require a ton of input from technicians UNLESS an accident or natural event knocks out wires or a pole. So if most people are out of work and a thunderstorm / tornado blows through, and they can’t get enough crews together, well, hope you have a generator and a buried 500 gallon lpg tank.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    For most places, the power getting shut off would lead to water getting shut off. The pumps for municipal sources, or the pump for your personal well. The grid is pretty much on auto pilot and doesn’t require a ton of input from technicians UNLESS an accident or natural event knocks out wires or a pole. So if most people are out of work and a thunderstorm / tornado blows through, and they can’t get enough crews together, well, hope you have a generator and a buried 500 gallon lpg tank.
    Sorry, thought I was but was responding to the corona disaster preparedness thread not this one. I can see lots of scenarios where water would become an issue. If there aren’t enough people to run the water and natural gas lines then things have gone really really bad.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 354 of 366 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364 ... LastLast