Page 4 of 366 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just yesterday I bought over 22,000 heirloom seeds, a total of 16 different species of fruits and vegetables. Plants about ¾ of an acre.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hatidua View Post
    -picked up 40 cans of black beans and 40 of those little cans of diced chili's at Costco today - the poor checkout lady couldn't help herself commenting: "wow, you sure have a lot of beans here!".
    You should have replied, "If you like my beans you should see how many 'bullets' I have! I'll be back for band-aids later."

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    You should have replied, "If you like my beans you should see how many 'bullets' I have! I'll be back for band-aids later."

That is a good way to get some strange looks.......
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    .....Simply going without modern conveniences will be a shock to most. As Doc and Dave can attest, no a/c takes some getting used to. Thanks to Lenny and Katrina I've had crash courses in no running water, inside toilet, a/c, or power(just like camping except with looters). Getting time w/o these things may be a valuable prep for many.
    Guess I'm already halfway there- the area I live in, the power goes out all the time if you so much as sneeze, and the house has not had air conditioning for almost the entire 18 or so years I've been here (finally got some window units just because the heat was really getting annoying). It's actually kind of funny hearing people complain about the heat in an air conditioned building, while you're sitting there comfortably.

As far as prepping goes, since I'm still on the ground floor, I spent about 5 or 6 hours (yesterday-sorry) reading/researching an assortment of things. Then I went job searching.
    Maybe I'll make a trip over to my neighbor and have a nice long chat...

Working on getting in shape, but it's starting pretty slow as I've had some health problems over the last few years that pretty much cut the legs out from under me, so I'm waaaay out of shape and I don't want to just dive back in.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    That is a good way to get some strange looks.......
    -yeah, that might not have flown so well

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    That's awesome man, do you have a vacuum sealer also?
    I do not but the guy I went in on with does. One of the few things we have done to reduce cost is for us and like minded others is to acquire or split equipment cost to lower the overall burden. Plus it demonstrates to the others in the group that I or others refuse to be a burden if the time shall come.
    Going down in a week or two to assemble food buckets for some bulk product and hit some of the farm stands in teh area for produce to dehydrate. Unbeliveable pricing from the farmers. a tenth of teh price you pay in the grocery store and fresh out of the ground.

Feedback Score
    I added a RAT RC6 fixed blade knife to compliment my current RC4, 4 Kershaw Shallot folding knives, 4 Fenix LD20 flashlights (100 hour runtime on 2AA batts), 500 rds of Federal 7.62x51 nato & 10.5K of Federal 22lr HV/HP ammo this week.

There are 4 people in my house & I buy most everything in 4's so we all have the same stuff. This includes guns. My next purchase will be more AA rechargable batteries as I'm trying to only purchase electronics that use AA's. I picked up a few solar battery chargers as well last year.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Last edited by Ironman8; 04-01-14 at 21:25.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Love my Asolo's. Just finished wicked hike. Shirt and shorts thoroughly soaked through. Feelin' good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I added enough Mountain House Freeze dried meals to my family BOB to cover my family for 72 hours at three meals per day per person. I also added enough jugged water to rehydrate the meals over are normal daily water supply. The weight savings food wise is substantial and the meals fit in a medium sized backpack but a problem can a rise if we get separated from are main water source in the vehicle and have to take off on foot. I'm currently looking for a small portable water filtration system to cover are needs if the main source is lost.

I'M looking for a system that covers any nasity water we may find and make it safe for food prep and drinking, I may still boil the water after filtration just be sure its ok.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 06-18-11 at 16:12.

Page 4 of 366 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast