Page 52 of 366 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    According to this thread I think you got a hell of deal and the mags are GTG!

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=55282

I would research on the markings and verify manufacture. I do this with all my "GI" mags.
    Thanks for the link,

I swapped out a few spare Mag-pul followers into a couple of these magazines and they fit perfectly with smooth travel. I researched the net for any known problems and nothing popped up so if I can find more at a decent price I might start collecting a few dozen for storage use at BUG -OUT locations.

The only marking I found of the magazines was the word "ENGLAND" molded into the bottom of the black U.S. Mil-Spec clone follower. Q/C is excellent so I believe these are British Royal Ordnance Company built magazines.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    The wife & I moved our stored food from several different areas in the basement to one new pantry that I got finished for her. That took all day, and also gave us a chance to inventory what we have accumulated.

I know we are nowhere near where we'd like to be, but WOW, without even putting much effort into it, we have accumulated a HUGE quantity of extra food over the past year. I'd say we have enough to cover us for approx 6 months.

I know this is no great accomplishment for you preppers that have been at this for a lot longer, but it means a lot to the wife & I. We are not finished. We both know we have a long way to go, but this was a pleasant surprise to see an entire pantry filled to the ceiling without us even realizing we had stored that much food already.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadstick View Post
    Since I'm behind on this one...I'll play catch up.

Today:Got an extra pump for the well. Got an extra LPK for the AR count now is 5.

Past weekend: Fired up the propane gen. to make sure it works and do PM and cleaned the dust from it, check the pipe that runs from the tank to the gen. for any signs that need tending or replacement.

Got an extra LPK for the AR.

The past year: Also just had the "bug-out" house repainted useing some PVC type paint. Was done via contractor...just didn't have the time ourselves. Roofed redone due to major hail damage.

This is a multi family project started during the Y2K scare....has been refined and built upon since....KNOWING it will happen.

PLus it's a nice place to get away and play on 25acres.

We have also the peeps in our family that when pulled together have several trades covered such as a doctor, several handy men, hunters(bow) and shooters, mechanics. Some mothers really good with growing food.
    Breadstick- I know I'm probably opening myself up to being called an idiot by everyone here, but what is an LPK for an AR?? You said you now have 5. For the life of me, I can't figure out what that is.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Lower Parts Kit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    Lower Parts Kit
    Roger that. Duh!!!!

I knew I'd look like an idiot. LOL!!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hit up Walmart the day after halloween to buy the rest of their glowsticks.

I bought some from the army/navy surplus a few weeks ago, a couple days later...the power goes out. Not ONE of the glowsticks I bought worked.

Check your chemlights even if you buy them from the surplus store!!

Also stocked up on a few bundles of 550
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimL2165 View Post
    Roger that. Duh!!!!

I knew I'd look like an idiot. LOL!!!
    Dont worry man. When I joined here I had to google IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Realized a fatal flaw in my prep's and took immediate action to correct same. Wife noticed the lack of wet wipes for personal sanitation and the T/P and feminine products would not hold the ladies of the house for more then a month or two.

If those supplies had run out I may have been a victim of some friendly fire. So one hundred and fifty bucks later I may have purchased a limited lease on life during a prolonged SHTF event.

Gentleman check those supply's unique to woman as it would be a bitch to get fragged (Did I spell that right?) by your own side after surviving the first months of the event.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    got few extra cans of Tunafish...good till '15 then I'll update.

three tubes of Neosporin, and two First Aid kits.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    Realized a fatal flaw in my prep's and took immediate action to correct same. Wife noticed the lack of wet wipes for personal sanitation and the T/P and feminine products would not hold the ladies of the house for more then a month or two.

If those supplies had run out I may have been a victim of some friendly fire. So one hundred and fifty bucks later I may have purchased a limited lease on life during a prolonged SHTF event.

Gentleman check those supply's unique to woman as it would be a bitch to get fragged (Did I spell that right?) by your own side after surviving the first months of the event.
    Yeah got the dog spayed! Not always the best option! I know I don't wanna get neutered.

http://www.mum.org/pastgerm.htm
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 52 of 366 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast