Page 53 of 366 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    Dont worry man. When I joined here I had to google IIRC.
    Thanks for understanding bro. I'm usually locked onto acronymns, but that one lost me.

Hey Phila PD... I'm assuming you are Philidelphia PD. How are things farther East compared to Detroit?? By that I mean are your fellow officers like you and getting ready, or are they like here and just riding it out until the govt gives more handouts if something bad happens???

The day truely sucks when you can't call for backup. Backup here in Detroit does no good. I'll be dead before those useless pieces of shit even get here. There are very few officers that I can rely upon. Me & my partner. Other than that... I'm dead.

I'm assuming it's better there in Philly. Let me know, bro.

Feedback Score
    Bought a car trunk portable hand-truck, that also converts to a 4 wheel cart, to move heavy stuff like water jugs, etc.
    Last edited by SIMBA-LEE; 11-17-11 at 12:47.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just ordered a new red dot optic for the primary AR with a smaller MOA dot for better target acquisition at range.

Next thing will be for me to disassemble and clean all those SA80 magazines and finish installing magpul followers in them.

I did pull one of the SA80's a part and placed it out side on the shed roof the day I picked them up to see how long the steel body and spring can survive in the environment without rusting beyond use. So far on day five no rust is seen on the body and the spring looks rust free also. I think the spring may have some type of coating which appears light gray in color and protects it from corrosion.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Bought more water, canned tuna and chicken.

Foreign hackers cyber-attack US water plant.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...TZYN_blog.html

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Bought more water, canned tuna and chicken.

Foreign hackers cyber-attack US water plant.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...TZYN_blog.html
    Just read the foreign cyber attack on another site. Me thinks they were probing?

As for preps. . .

Just placed a large order with County Comm. If you have never heard of this company before do yourself and your preps a favor and take a look at their site. They produce and carry some very particular "nick knacks". Good kit for any BOB.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Just placed a large order with County Comm. If you have never heard of this company before do yourself and your preps a favor and take a look at their site. They produce and carry some very particular "nick knacks". Good kit for any BOB.
    I have had my eye on that little short-wave radio they sell: CountyComm GP-4L
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I have had my eye on that little short-wave radio they sell: CountyComm GP-4L
    Yeah, I have looked at those for a while now. I did not get one this time around but might pick one or two up in a future purchase (provided they have any left).

I did however pick up the other radio they offer. For the price I am going to test this one out and may acquire a few more throw it in the BOBs.

http://www.countycomm.com/smallradio.html

It's amazing, growing up as a kid everybody sold hand held radios. Now days it is getting difficult to find anyone who carries them as no one listens to them anymore.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    Realized a fatal flaw in my prep's and took immediate action to correct same. Wife noticed the lack of wet wipes for personal sanitation and the T/P and feminine products would not hold the ladies of the house for more then a month or two.

If those supplies had run out I may have been a victim of some friendly fire. So one hundred and fifty bucks later I may have purchased a limited lease on life during a prolonged SHTF event.

Gentleman check those supply's unique to woman as it would be a bitch to get fragged (Did I spell that right?) by your own side after surviving the first months of the event.
    Yeah with 3 women in my house already had that discussion. My joke of them living out of the camp for 7 days like they did in the Old Testament did not go over so well. Anyway fire steel can catch and unrolled tampon on fire in 2 strikes so I had already put some in my fire kit in a ziplock for easy, reliable, compact fire tender.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I finally got my wife to take the concealed carry class yesterday. She was glad she did it and now wants too shoot more.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It was a beautiful day in the mid-60's which means the major swap meets and flea markets were in full swing so I hit the road and found a few good buys

First thing I found was a box full of pillar candles which had some minor heat damage that means a few had some flat spots which does not affect burning. I offer $5.00 for the box of 13 Old Harbor 6"Hx3"W candles which sets the cost at .38 cents each and they accepted.

Next was a set of new in the box Mantle Oil Lamps that I have seen sell for $50.00 each and are considered very high quality. After some bartering I ended up paying $20.00 for the set.

Lastly I picked up a few cases of glass preserving jars which the wife will use for jarring up a load of Honey Crisp apples. I paid a few dollars under the going rate which is rare as these jars are harder to find this time of year as all the canners are in full swing putting up late season fruit.

Not a bad day and I used all the walking to help break in some new boots.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Page 53 of 366 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast