Thread: SIG USA 556-A1...Here we go again

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

SIG USA 556-A1...Here we go again

As far as I am concerned, SIG USA is a company that just doesn't get it. Since they don't get it now, they probably never will.

However, this is something of a step in the right direction, but we still have the garbage pot metal sights that are the wrong height for the SIG 55x platform, the flash hider is balls, the rail is the same crap as the 556, and the hand guard is all wrong.

I don't especially have a problem with the aluminum lower...for now, but the magazine paddle doesn't look as easy to access as the Swiss model

SIG551-A1

SIG551-A1™

TACTICAL RIFLE SIG551-A1 features

- Two-position adjustable gas valve
    Gas piston, rotating bolt

- Military grade barrel ensures accuracy and durability

- M1913 Picatinny rail for mounting optics
    Ambi safety selector

- 7075-T6 aluminum Hard coat anodize lower receiver

SIG551-A1 Specifications

Caliber 5.56X45mm NATO
    Overall Length 36.1”
    Length with Stock Collapsed 34.6”
    Length with Stock Folded 26.0”
    Barrel Length Without Flash Suppressor 16”
    Operating System Gas piston, rotating bolt
    Rifling Lead 1 in 7”
    Number of Grooves 4
    Muzzle Break Fluted
    Sight Radius 18.0”
    Weight without Magazine 7.0 lbs
    Magazine Type Swiss Polymer
    Magazine Capacity 20/30
    Trigger 2-Stage
    Trigger Pull 7.5 lbs

TACTICAL PRECISION, For 2011, SIG SAUER® is offering several variants to its tactical platforms. NEW to this lineup is our new SIG551-A1, chambered for the widely used 5.56 x 45mm NATO caliber using Swiss Polymer magazines. The SIG551-A1 features a distinctive swiss folding stock, and an M1913 rail for accessory attachment. The 16” barrel features four-groove rifling and a twist rate of 1:7”. The SIG551-A1 measures 36.1” but can fold to 26”, making it ideal for situations where maximum maneuverability is required. For Special Forces requiring an accurate, more potent rifle, chambered in 5.56 x 45mm NATO, the SIG551-A1 sets a new standard for dependable operation and function.

An ISO 9001: 2000 Certified Company, Manufacturing in Exeter, New Hampshire
    SIG SAUER, Inc. reserves the right to correct any errors or inaccuracies contained herein, and to revoke stated offers at any time without notice.
    Prices, availability, specifications, and promotional offers are subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice.
    I've got time. I'll continue to wait for something built closer to the true Swiss TDP

Last edited by variablebinary; 06-12-11 at 02:59.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.