Thread: Where do you mount your PEQ-15 and why?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Where do you mount your PEQ-15 and why?

Going to be mounting a PEQ-15 on a 6933 or 6920. Haven't decided yet. One will get a PEQ-2A. Where do you mount yours and why?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Going to be mounting a PEQ-15 on a 6933 or 6920. Haven't decided yet. One will get a PEQ-2A. Where do you mount yours and why?
    A lot of your questions could be answered here by the SME (subject matter experts):

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=80943&page=2
    Last edited by Titleist; 06-13-11 at 13:32.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Just behind the FSB on the 12:00 rail.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    F2S- That was the area I had decided upon based on what I have seen/heard/read. So no thumb circling onto the top of the rail?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    F2S- That was the area I had decided upon based on what I have seen/heard/read. So no thumb circling onto the top of the rail?
    The most efficient grip on a naked handguard and the most efficient grip on a weapon with lights an lasers are frequently at odds.

On a long rail (or at least longer than a 7") it isn't too bad to just have the thumb of the support hand behind the 15. Some users can wrap the 15 in their grip, with their thumb overlapping the 15, next to the button.

I usually have a white light in the 9:00 or 10:30 position on my work gun, which forces my grip a little rearward anyway. It is also viable to put the light at 1:30 and reach around the back of the 15 for activation, but it just doesn't work with my hand size consistently enough.

I tried the 15 on the 3:00 for a while, and it does make a more aggressive grip possible, but only with the left hand. Too much is given up for support side shooting in my opinion, and with a light at 10:30, it isn't that much better anyway.

Things change when you go to longer rails, making it easier to aggressively grip the handguard even with a 15 at the front.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Just behind the FSB on the 12:00 rail.
    This. Although with a shorty grip really suffers, 12 o'clock is still the best position IMHO.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical