Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Teach your kids how to shoot

Feedback Score
    I'm so glad my wife wants to move before having kids: they can't shoot here in NY until age 12. That's WAY too long to wait.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    I had my kids out shooting starting around 8 and 9ish. BB guns earlier. Instilled in them all the safety rules. So far so good. How early do you start your kids out?.....It really depends on maturity level, don't kid yourself, seriously evaluate your kids if they can handle the responsibility.

That said, I am one proud papa here, my youngest son (13) just got his Rifle Shooting merit badge in Boy Scouts. We were short handed with adults at camp, so he did it all on his own, he spent almost all his free time during "open shoots" to qualify. Very suprised at how he went about this and how proud he was when that last target was checked and he made it.
    "Disperse you rebels!, Damn You! Throw down your arms and Disperse!"....British Major Pitcairn at Lexington, April 19th 1775

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I started my son at around 8 w/ a BB gun, more for the safety and rules than anything else. He quickly disliked the inaccuracy of it and it was awhile until we could get him to the range with something more acceptable.

A couple of weeks ago we went with a SW K-22, Beretta 87, CZ452 (suppressed), SCAR 16s, and HK P30/9MM.

He had a blast and enjoyed everything but the HK (we shot it last and he was really tired).

Results w/ CZ, center & right targets @50yds.

HK P30 - we shot it last and should have tried it earlier before he got tired.

Cheers,

Rhino

PS - video of the CZ452 Suppressed.
    http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...y/MVI_0260.mp4
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 07-21-11 at 07:58.

Feedback Score
    I started my son off around 5 with general weapons functions and safety, he is 6 now and we moved up to BB guns. I am gradually working him up.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567