Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slinging my Mossberg 590A1

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I'm using the factory sling mount at the bottom of the stock but for the front I stopped using the sling mount mounted to the magazine cap because when I would twist the sling it would loosen the cap. No bueno. So this is what I'm using on my 590: http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-590-fr...ttachment.html

I'm thinking of getting something else for the rear since I want to swap out the buttstock anyways for something a little shorter.
    Yeah, I looked at that and may go with it down the road, but for now as long as I keep the sling straight I won't have to worry about it. Also, the Wal-Mart swivels are semi-QD, so I like that feature. Definitely go with the 12" Hogue if you want shorter. It's so comfortable.
    Last edited by Travis B; 06-19-11 at 06:02.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    How did you find a swivel to fit in the threaded magazine cap? I've been searching for one of those for a while.
    Wal-Mart.

Feedback Score
    I just have a cheapo sling using the attachment points on the butt and attachment lug. Strong side muzzle up carry.

A lot different then what I would accept of a tactical carbine but the mission seems different to a degree. Still thinking of changing it, I would at least like to change the butt for a better fitting one at the least.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I'm using the factory sling mount at the bottom of the stock but for the front I stopped using the sling mount mounted to the magazine cap because when I would twist the sling it would loosen the cap. No bueno. So this is what I'm using on my 590: http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-590-fr...ttachment.html

I'm thinking of getting something else for the rear since I want to swap out the buttstock anyways for something a little shorter.
    That GG&G front sling mount is nearly identical to my Blackhawk mount.

My muzzle and magazine tube are practically the same length, so I didn't think a front end swivel mount on the mag tube cap would work...thought I'd likely damage the mount or sling with projectiles if the sling moved the wrong way at the wrong time.
    www.king33training.com

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2/1 SFG(A)
    ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM / DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12