Thread: YHM 5.56 Phantom Q.D. Brake

Feedback Score

YHM 5.56 Phantom Q.D. Brake

Hey guys,

I've got a YHM Phantom .308 Q.D. can, currently pending NFA paperwork. Got this can to use with a .300-221 rifle I've already built and for the 11" section of Shilen barrel blank I'll chamber in .300 BLK once I get time. However since I'm on a budget, I want to be able to mount this on my 5.56 rifles as well.

Just got my 11.5" 5.56NATO BCM BFH upper a couple weeks back. I'd like to try a BattleComp 1.0 at some point, but figured I'd give the YHM Phantom 5.56 brake a shot since I can mount my can to it. Anyone have experience with it? Is it extremely loud? If so, is it as bad as the PWS FSC556? I have the 7.62 Q.D. Flash Hider mount on my .300-221 and it works well so far. Haven't sat down and shot any measured groups with it yet but YHM seems to be of good quality.

Would have gone AAC but my budget can't afford it yet. When I get a dedicated 5.56 can I'll likely go with the M4-1000.

Feedback Score
    I have a YHM QD brake on my 12.5. I've previously only run A1's and A2's so can't give you a comparison against other comps/breaks.

It did help with recoil. Noticeably less movement of my holosight reticle compared to the birdcages.

Pretty loud though. Was shooting under a tin roof the other day and I remember it being distinctly louder than when I had a birdcage on. Loud enough that I decided to double up on ear pro (plugs in addition to the muffs).

Feedback Score
    PWS makes a break for the YHM can.

I own one. I dont have much to compare it to so I can honestly not give any worthwhile information about it.
    You can never make anyting idiot-proof, whenever you get close they just build a better idiot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by threeheadeddog View Post
    PWS makes a break for the YHM can.

I own one. I dont have much to compare it to so I can honestly not give any worthwhile information about it.
    link?

dont see it
    http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/v...p?idCategory=6

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    PWS may void the cans warranty. I'd check first.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring View Post
    They've discontinued it for some reason, but here's a link.

http://reds-trading-post.amazonwebst...source=froogle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

the yankee hill brake is louder than an A2 flash hider, but not as loud as some other muzzle brakes out there. it's at the lower end of noise, in my subjective opinion.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    Sounds good. The shop I work for ordered a few YHM cans yesterday so I went ahead and ordered one.

I had heard about the PWS one, and was also wary about using a non-YHM mount, plus the issue of the insane noise. I'm just looking out for people right and left of me on the firing line and at classes. Guess I can always put the can on if it's too loud for anyone!