Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistol classes

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Pistol classes

Does anyone know of any quality pistol classes in or coming to the area? I am located in northern Alabama and could probably travel as far as Birmingham, Nashville, Atlanta, Tupelo or anywhere in between. Somebody told me they thought LAV put on a class in Birmingham a couple years ago. Any idea if that would happen again?
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You might try Shootrite Academy. I've heard good things about his classes but haven't taken one myself. He's somewhere around Lake Guntersville.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the info, I'll look it up. Have you trained there?
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There was a LAV class here in Hoover, I think at Steel City in 2009. I'll try and find the POC again and see if there will be another one offered in the near future.

There is a trainer in Montgomery that is a Suarez qualified instructor google Get Home After (can't remember if we can post links). I am thinking about taking his close range class in September.....
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not sure of your level of experience, but for instruction in the fundamentals I know of none finer than Randy Cain.

Not sure about the geography of the area either, but you can find his schedule here. If there's nothing in your neck of the woods, you ought to think of trying to host him or someone else. That's the best way to get training in your area when it is lacking.

Feedback Score
    Hi Sandman

Where is south Florida is this class going to be held? I don't know of many ranges in the area that have facilities to host a good class but I would be willing to sign up and check out the class and if they are really good and not just BS I may even host them further north.

Thanks.

be safe irv

Feedback Score
    BTW Who are the instructors and where can I read their resumes'? I always like to check out the instructors to avoid the frauds.

Thanks again.

be safe irv

Feedback Score
    Go to www.titantactical.com and you can see the bio for Eric, the founder and lead instructor. I know his mobile training team is an on call staff that he uses depending on the project. They're all squared away. All have extensive LE/Military backgrounds. My department is very picky about who trains our swat team. I'm on the team and we're going back to Eric for a shooting package he designed for us. I know they're looking at POP's outdoor range in Broward County on US 27, but is not final.
    Last edited by Sandman751; 07-14-11 at 00:05.

Feedback Score
    Hi Sandman

Thanks.

Who do you work for?

I don't understand why he doesn't list the instructors he might use that are part of his cadre so we can check their resume's. Personally I never take a class from someone that I can't verify.

be safe irv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast