Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 1911's....Good?

Feedback Score

Sig 1911's....Good?

I am looking to get a Sig Scorpion as I just saw one in person the other day. Overall, the gun looks, feels great....When I think 1911 I do not think of Sig, but these seem to be pretty nice...What is the general consensus here on these guns?

Thx

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Last I heard all the parts were tool steel, not mim. That however could have changed for the worse.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Can't speak to the Scorpion, but I have one of the Sig Blackwater 1911s and have had zero issues with it. It shoots everything I've fed it from factory ball to my handload lead SWC. I've been happy with my Sig..................
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've heard good things about the Sig 1911s as well, the fact that they have no MIM parts is a selling point, if that matters to you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have only great things to report from my 1st Gen. Sig GSR 1911 as well. With an admittedly low round count, it has been 100% and dead nuts accurate.

OP: Please check your PMs. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Don't touch anything new from Sig. Straight from Larry Vickers.
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 06-21-11 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Don't touch anything new from Sig. Straight from Larry Vickers.
    Agreed. The Sig 1911s have improved since their introduction about 7 years ago. However, they are still not a duty ready firearm out of the box.

If you want a duty ready firearm, expect to pay about $1400 that gets you a Les Baer TRS or Springfield / Colt that has some reliability work. If you want a hard use 1911, expect to pay north of $2K for a TRP PRO, Wilson, NH, EB, etc.

BTW, these amounts are what it takes to enter the 1911 game. More money and time will be spent keeping it running.

Feedback Score
    My GSR had numerous failures to extract and double feeds. I sent it into the factory twice with no change in reliability. Using wwb, and federal ball ammo with Wilson and Novak mags. That was at least 3 years ago so things could have changed. It got traded for a glock 19 very reliable.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    No problem with my TACOPS so far.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by curriek View Post
    No problem with my TACOPS so far.
    You need to quantify that statement on this forum. No problems at which classes? No problems for 100 rds? No problems after not adding lube or cleaning for x amount of rounds?
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 06-21-11 at 13:56.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast