Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sig 1911's....Good?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Sig 1911's....Good?

Again if I have to purchased a 9mm pistol then Sig P226 is my #1 choice bar-none, but 1911 I don't care how nice they look feel or shoot it will be my last choice. By the way I have a P226 classic mid 80's production, has already almost 25,000 rds factory load ammo down the pipe and the next malfunction will be the first, that's what I call reliability in the highest regard.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I know this thread is a little out dated, but I have basically the same question, with a twist. Would everyone agree that if the price of the Sig was roughly 30% cheaper would the hesitation to purchase one still exist knowing that the money saved would be spent increasing the performance and reliability where possible? Hopefully bringing the Sig on par with the other options mentioned. Needless to say I like Sigs but respect others opinions and prefer to learn form others first. If you would still stay away from the Sigs where would you start to look for a good base Thanks as usual for your advice..
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood for something, sometime in your life.----Sir Winston Churchill

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    We quit stocking/selling Sig 1911s because over 90% had to go back to Sig to make them work. Some multiple times.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    We quit stocking/selling Sig 1911s because over 90% had to go back to Sig to make them work. Some multiple times.
    Well that pretty much sums that up, thank you for your time...
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood for something, sometime in your life.----Sir Winston Churchill

Feedback Score
    I put about 100 rounds down my friends GSR. It shot well, I thought it was a very good feeling gun. I couldint shoot it very well due to the XS big dot sights and i never shot before.

Feedback Score
    While one data point does not make a line, here is one more data point:

SIG 1911 "Target."

Box "DATE" tag is "15-Dec-2010."

Round count so far is 1,000 - 1,200.

Per outing round count: usually 80-120. Gun was detail stripped, cleaned, and lubed on acquisition; has only been field stripped and cleaned since.

All rounds have been full power ball handloads (Win. 230 gr. bulk FMJ; 6.3 grains Unique; CCI LP; mixed commercial brass).

Six magazines: 2 SIG originals; 2 SIG after buys; 2 CMcKs.

While this is the "Target" model, all shooting has been action type drills, including some 16 rounds in under 10 seconds.

Results so far: not a single failure. Gun is tight (have to back the slide back, Commander-style, in order to twist the buffer with fingers). Best 1911 trigger I've ever experienced. Accurate (if I take my time, I can nail old shotgun shells at 10-30 yards).

Would I trust this pistol? You bet.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    meh..... Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    10-8/Hilton Yam have one in their possession for eval. It will be interesting to see what he has to say.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I've had nothing but problems with my Sig TacOps carry. I bought it to run a suppressor for HD but out of the box the gun would not even run itself, let alone a suppressor. Did the basics at first; polished the ramp and breach face but still ran like crap. Then found a large burr on the barrel link lug that was actually catching the barrel link; cut that off but still ran like crap. Disconnector was catching on the slide very hard so fixed that. Polished and blended alot of the internals, installed a 17 lbs main spring and installed a Wolff variable power spring. Finally got the thing running and thought I had it fixed but now it wants to throw brass at my face so a new EGW extractor will be on the way. Just trying to get the thing to run properly so I don't pass it on to some other unexpecting soul. Its a great looking gun, too bad it was not intended to be a safe or range queen. The price of the Sigs is intriguing for the features you get but the performance is not there IMO.
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabhailGadhar View Post
    If you would still stay away from the Sigs where would you start to look for a good base Thanks as usual for your advice..
    Springfield and Colt.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234