Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: The SIG face palm thread

Feedback Score
    personally I like the wild colors and ideas Sig is showing. Folks shooting is supposed to be fun..I have a 22lr 1911 that has a neon blue slide with neon pink frame/grips. Quit taking everything so seriously and have fun.

As I read through several of the posts on this topic, it amazes me; but I shouldn't be at how many folks have a hate relationship to a firearm/company. I guess I should not be surprised, but the number of I heard from so n so and such and such or the former this and that at XYZ company. First when I hear the former of anything I take all of those opinions with a does of salts...they may tend to be a tad biased. Second if you haven't had the "bad experience", odds are you will not..there are lots of internet commandos who know all or have "read all about it".

As a disclaimer I do like Sigs..and have several from my vintage P225 to the P250 in full and compact. I have owned the original BDA--aka P220 with heal release, single action P220, 556SWAT and have sold them to fund other projects. I have yet to have an issue with any of my sigs..EVER...and my stable has thousands of rounds a year put through them..yes I shoot thousands of rounds a year in competition, at training courses, and simply because I like it. My firearms all live what many would call rough..they get cleaned maybe twice a year...sorry I hate cleaning weapons always have the Air Force, Army and the federal agency I worked for couldn't break that.

In the grand scheme of firearms Sig is one of the best to deal with...if you have issues they work to resolve it in a timely fashion. If you look at "the best" H&K imho...it is the worst company to deal with..horrid customer service if you are not a federal or large agency, over priced and their product delivery dates suck. Kimber makes great looking 1911s until you look at how out of spec or poorly made they really are--perish the thought they use MIM parts too...for that matter so does Taurus, Para Ordnance. Glock never has problems...they just have updates...in my world we call that an issue. Colt like H&K has horrid customer service and is overpriced for the product; especially AR/M4s then again their 1911s are pricey too. In the grand scheme of pistols..its really tough to beat the M&Ps or even the Ruger SR9, P345, and P95 for shear reliable shooting.

Sigs like Glocks and Smiths have graced holsters of police and soldiers the world over. They are used on the competition field and plinking range. If you don't like them don't buy them..personally I think the custom shop pistols are catchy; they showcase workmanship and what you can do to metal. If you prefer a boxy black gun that's cool..everyone has them...but some of us appreciate the slightly ummm ahh wilder side for our "game" guns.
    Last edited by policetested; 10-06-12 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by policetested View Post
    personally I like the wild colors and ideas Sig is showing. Folks shooting is supposed to be fun..I have a 22lr 1911 that has a neon blue slide with neon pink frame/grips. Quit taking everything so seriously and have fun.

As I read through several of the posts on this topic, it amazes me; but I shouldn't be at how many folks have a hate relationship to a firearm/company. I guess I should not be surprised, but the number of I heard from so n so and such and such or the former this and that at XYZ company. First when I hear the former of anything I take all of those opinions with a does of salts...they may tend to be a tad biased. Second if you haven't had the "bad experience", odds are you will not..there are lots of internet commandos who know all or have "read all about it".

As a disclaimer I do like Sigs..and have several from my vintage P225 to the P250 in full and compact. I have owned the original BDA--aka P220 with heal release, single action P220, 556SWAT and have sold them to fund other projects. I have yet to have an issue with any of my sigs..EVER...and my stable has thousands of rounds a year put through them..yes I shoot thousands of rounds a year in competition, at training courses, and simply because I like it. My firearms all live what many would call rough..they get cleaned maybe twice a year...sorry I hate cleaning weapons always have the Air Force, Army and the federal agency I worked for couldn't break that.

In the grand scheme of firearms Sig is one of the best to deal with...if you have issues they work to resolve it in a timely fashion. If you look at "the best" H&K imho...it is the worst company to deal with..horrid customer service if you are not a federal or large agency, over priced and their product delivery dates suck. Kimber makes great looking 1911s until you look at how out of spec or poorly made they really are--perish the thought they use MIM parts too...for that matter so does Taurus, Para Ordnance. Glock never has problems...they just have updates...in my world we call that an issue. Colt like H&K has horrid customer service and is overpriced for the product; especially AR/M4s then again their 1911s are pricey too. In the grand scheme of pistols..its really tough to beat the M&Ps or even the Ruger SR9, P345, and P95 for shear reliable shooting.

Sigs like Glocks and Smiths have graced holsters of police and soldiers the world over. They are used on the competition field and plinking range. If you don't like them don't buy them..personally I think the custom shop pistols are catchy; they showcase workmanship and what you can do to metal. If you prefer a boxy black gun that's cool..everyone has them...but some of us appreciate the slightly ummm ahh wilder side for our "game" guns.
    I have no problem with wild color schemes its when guns don't work that I have problems.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758