Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vibrams Five Fingers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Vibrams Five Fingers!

I just picked up a pair of these yesterday and they are the best thing I have ever put on my feet. It feels like you are barefoot but 100% protected at the same time.*

Anybody else have these?

PS: couldn't post in general discussion for some reason

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a pair, I really like them as well but actually prefer the New Balance Minimus trail shoe. Basically the same as the 5 fingers with out the fingers ;-)
    TRIBE MATTERS

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkrv8 View Post
    I have a pair, I really like them as well but actually prefer the New Balance Minimus trail shoe. Basically the same as the 5 fingers with out the fingers ;-)
    Not the same. The Minimus has a 4mm heel-toe offset, whereas the VFF has 0mm. For those of use who have tried running in VFF and couldn't handle it, those 4mm makes a world of difference.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I saw these at Dick's the other day. They remind me of the knee-high, rainbow, 5-toe socks that my sisters used to wear. I thought to myself, "I'd rather have a a sister in a whore house than be seen in those". Maybe I'm missing something, are they that comfy?

Feedback Score
    I'm a real tenderfoot so how is the foot protection? I live in the country where we are surrounded by dirt roads. I don't go barefoot anywhere except in the house.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I would love to get a pair but I'm training for Basic right now and since I can't use them in the Army, I'll be waiting to get a pair. I've tried them on in the store and it's amazing!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike boufford View Post
    I'm a real tenderfoot so how is the foot protection? I live in the country where we are surrounded by dirt roads. I don't go barefoot anywhere except in the house.
    foot protection is minimal, not sufficient if you ask me. they do have models that provide more protection though. check out the merrell barefoot. same no-drop offset but with a much more rugged vibram sole.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atchcraft View Post
    I saw these at Dick's the other day. They remind me of the knee-high, rainbow, 5-toe socks that my sisters used to wear. I thought to myself, "I'd rather have a a sister in a whore house than be seen in those". Maybe I'm missing something, are they that comfy?
    They arnt really "comfy" at all. They wont win you any style points in Milan. They will however let you body move like it was meant to. Who really looks good when they are really pushing themselves anyway?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PITA to put on. Strangely comfortable. 9 months and I still haven't run in them. I'm just a little cautious after having all the king's horses and all the king's men put me back together.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atchcraft View Post
    I thought the same thing when I saw them first. It was actually at a gym and I remembered thinking how much it'd suck to drop a weight on your foot wearing one of those...not that sneakers add much more protection.

I'm tempted to give these a try though..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast