Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vibrams Five Fingers!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike boufford View Post
    I'm a real tenderfoot so how is the foot protection? I live in the country where we are surrounded by dirt roads. I don't go barefoot anywhere except in the house.
    foot protection is minimal, not sufficient if you ask me. they do have models that provide more protection though. check out the merrell barefoot. same no-drop offset but with a much more rugged vibram sole.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the same pair. Took a while to get used to. Use them for the gym and light running (I can't run as fast in them) and my feet seem to track much better in general now. I've noticed a decrease in my knee pain and an increase in calf size and strength since I started with them. Squats and knee bands are more comfortable than with any other gym shoes or my Chucks. The protection they give my feet has been more than adequate for their intended design. I put off getting a pair for a long time as I thought they looked a little gay, my meat head gym partner would make fun of me and the sound of people wearing them heel striking the ground made my hair stand up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BearClaw Bigsby View Post
    foot protection is minimal, not sufficient if you ask me. they do have models that provide more protection though. check out the merrell barefoot. same no-drop offset but with a much more rugged vibram sole.
    And recommended by Kyle Defoor. I picked up a pair after trying the NB minimus trails. While they don't feel as minimal as the minimus, these also don't hurt nearly as bad running on a hard surface (or rub the back of your foot raw).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ive had the VFF Treks since last fall. I also run barefoot.

The treks are a little thicker which I use for light hiking too.

I must have conditioned well bc the only time Ive been sore is when I moved my apartment.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atchcraft View Post
    I saw these at Dick's the other day. They remind me of the knee-high, rainbow, 5-toe socks that my sisters used to wear. I thought to myself, "I'd rather have a a sister in a whore house than be seen in those". Maybe I'm missing something, are they that comfy?
    They arnt really "comfy" at all. They wont win you any style points in Milan. They will however let you body move like it was meant to. Who really looks good when they are really pushing themselves anyway?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PITA to put on. Strangely comfortable. 9 months and I still haven't run in them. I'm just a little cautious after having all the king's horses and all the king's men put me back together.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm in my second year of wearing FiveFingers. Just returned from a 65 mile backpacking trip and I wore nothing by my Trek Sports and my KSO's.
    People either love them or hate them, but if I had to guess, those that tried them and don't, didn't spend enough time wearing them to build their ankles and calf muscles. I work out, run, hike, and just plain live in my FiveFingers. Ran my first 5K on Memorial Day, in my KSO's.
    Put sneakers on yesterday for the first time in two weeks and within an hour my feet were killing me.
    Last edited by photosniper; 06-25-11 at 16:57.
    http://www.pho-tac.com/
    Capturing the Essence of Tactical Reality

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Got them... try these

I love using the VFF (I have 3 different pairs) but I have since shelved them in favor of the INOV 8 Reccolite 290. The INOV 8's are more comfortable, more traction, and easier to get on and off to get debris out of your shoes. I practically live in the INOV 8's now. 'pologize for swaying the OP.

Feedback Score
    I'm on my third pair of Five Fingers shoes and still lovin them!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I've got a question for you barefoot/barefoot shoe runners...is it easier to run in the "natural" barefoot gait for you guys than it is to walk?

This is what I mean, when I run barefoot, I notice that it is natural for me to land on the balls of my feet, but when I walk barefoot it is harder for me to land there (the balls of my feet/mid-sole) because I am not picking my feet up as much as when I'm running...does this make sense?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast