Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another SCAR 17 dilema thread

Feedback Score

Another SCAR 17 dilema thread

OK guys sorry for contributing to the number of these threads going around but need some of your expert advice. I have been debating on which rifle to buy for my next .308. I narrowed it down to the 17 and Larue PredatAR. My purpose for the rifle is to have an overall lightweight and reliable platform capable of reaching out to 800 yards. I already own an MWS with a standard barrel and want something lighter.

An oportunity arose just recently for me to pick up a 17 locally for $2463+ tax. Is this a good price for one?
    Last edited by OTO27; 06-27-11 at 12:51.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That sounds like a good price to me. Last time I saw a 17 for sale it was $2600+. Check around on the internet on some of the big retailers sites for price comparison.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes, that's an excellent price.

Feedback Score
    The hard part seems to be able to find one at all, no matter the price, and for $2500 after tax seems like a good deal. Which is why this is too tempting to pass for me. Anyone know of any place that has them in stock for cheaper? I have done my share of price comparison and have not found any that go below 2600, but who knows may be I missed something.

Feedback Score
    The only catch is that they only have it in Black.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Why not recontour your MWS barrel or buy some bumb bells. I do alot of shoulder work just for shooting and it has realy help my endurance.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    Why not recontour your MWS barrel or buy some bumb bells. I do alot of shoulder work just for shooting and it has realy help my endurance.
    I have seen weight numbers of MWS owners who have recontoured/dimpled the barrel of their MWS and in my opinion is not worth spending the extra money on. I like my MWS the way it is, and its acurate that way, dont wana mess that up.

The subject of why a lightweight vs a heavy rifle has been beaten to death so I wont go there again.
    Last edited by OTO27; 06-27-11 at 14:27.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The SCAR 17S in black tends to be several hundred cheaper than in FDE for whatever reason (demand I suppose), but that's still an excellent price. For comparison, I paid about 3k for my FDE SCAR and felt okay about it--though it wasn't a *great* deal.
    Last edited by zacbol; 06-27-11 at 14:50.
    "Eyes have been referred to as the window to the soul, we prefer to think of them as the funnel to the brain." - Mike Shertz, MD
    "Every trigger has a match trigger at the end of all the bullshit.” - Greg Hamilton

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Awesome price. Sell the MWS, get the SCAR17, it's the lightest .308 since the original 1950's AR-10.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by armakraut View Post
    Awesome price. Sell the MWS, get the SCAR17, it's the lightest .308 since the original 1950's AR-10.
    Considering I payed 2600 at the time for the MWS I wouldnt take anything less than 2400 and I highly doubt anyone would pay that much money for a rifle with about 300 rounds through it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast