Thread: Which LaRUE mount to clear a GGG BUIS?

Feedback Score

Which LaRUE mount to clear a GGG BUIS?

I have a Browning 3-9X40 mm Riflescope that I want to mount on a flat top AR. The BUIS I have is a GGG A2 Style Back Up Iron Sight With Locking Mechanical Detent. Which LaRue mount do I need to clear the BUIS- LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104 vs. the LaRue Tactical SPR/M4 1.93" Mount QD LT-135? Also is the extended eye relief version necessary for this scope? My first time mounting a scope on a AR.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Most likely, none of the Larue mounts will clear a GG&G A2 BUIS except possibly for the 1.93. However, that mount results in a rather high scope position which can be bad for your cheek weld. Another option is getting an SPR-M4 and mounting it on a 1/2" high rail riser (GG&G makes one). Again, the scope will be rather high.

If the scope has plenty of eye relief, you could use the SPR-E mount to get it in front of your BUIS, and clearance would be a non-issue. If you shoot NTCH this can work. If the scope doesn't have that much eye relief, or if you like to shoot with a fully extended stock, you will probably want the occular about even with the charging handle which will be a problem with the SPR-M4.

The GG&G MAD is the best sight GG&G makes for scope mounting - it is very low in profile and clears most scopes. The Troy BUIS is also a good option, as are some of the Knight's Armament sights.

Feedback Score
    Left Sig:

Thanks for your reply. I went with the LT-SPR-E mount and it worked very well. This mount put the optic before the BUIS and has plenty of eye relief.