Thread: 2011 High Plains Rifle Challenge Match Video

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

2011 High Plains Rifle Challenge Match Video

You guys missed a great match this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIIkESKUJaM

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Looks like a great match. You seem to have healed up well since the injury too.

Question about the targets, what were the red things atop the orange cones? Bonus targets? They kind of looked like apples in the video screen on youtube.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I see Vortex was a sponsor, are they a popular optics in those types of matches?

Just wondering...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    Looks like a great match. You seem to have healed up well since the injury too.

Question about the targets, what were the red things atop the orange cones? Bonus targets? They kind of looked like apples in the video screen on youtube.
    The orange ones were some weird soft self healing target and the black ones were soft balls. Neither fell 100% of the time from rifle ammo of any type. The inconsistency causes one stage to get tossed. The tossed stage was the one I shot 30 rounds at those three balls and then started swearing when I shot the Sylvester the cat no shoot targets rather than the peppy lapew no shoot. The targets really put a black cloud on an otherwise great match.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrt View Post

I see Vortex was a sponsor, are they a popular optics in those types of matches?

Just wondering...

Vortex is getting very popular in action shooting such as a carbine match like this or the 3 gun scene. The now sponsor just about every major match out there.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Tischauser View Post
    The orange ones were some weird soft self healing target ....
    ===========================================

Something like these? I wondered if they would be any good...especially at $30 each.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Something like these? I wondered if they would be any good...especially at $30 each.

Those are the ones. I'm not sure how we uses them wrong. Too close maybe? But you could put a 3000 fps .223 thru them and not even see a wiggle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yup @ :42 through :55 you can see it taking bullets and not moving. The ones at the match were also suspended above the ground on an object that didn't transfer energy so you didn't have the benefit of putting them on the ground.

I'm sure they'd make great training aids but I would not like to shoot a match with them.
    Last edited by HK_Shooter_03; 06-27-11 at 15:40.