Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear Color?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    With the war on and all that, as well as the general increase in interest in this type of thing, I find I'm generally having to settle for whatever is readily available. I find I'm not able to be very picky about color selection lately.
    I can understand that, my last 10 calls to Eagle to order something for a customer I have had zero luck.

Feedback Score
    OD & Multi cam...It Blends in better than black in our area . Thou i perfer the multicam to the od i still havent sold it off yet ..never hurts to have a spare set
    me mother died when i was young before i got me toung to the sweep i was aprenticed. weep weep, weep weep your chimneys now i sweep. and in soot i sleep

Thermo Arms inc FFL 07 SOT & hydro-graphic printed camos on moly and other types of coatings hydroprintservices.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Khaki/Coyote Brown works everywhere. Black pretty much sucks everywhere.

Question..... when you say you clean your gear.... Do you mean clean it as in just knocking off caked up mud/dirt, knocking it out of mag pouches, etc..., or do you mean cleaning it as in like washing it to clean dirt stains and such off of the outside??
    +1 for Coyote; Tan is too bright on a full-moon night sometimes but nice in the desert sun. The newer Coyote color is a lot less shiny than it used to be- more of a flat brown (at least the Battle Lab Coyote).
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Black and OD stands out like a Mother at night here in the desert. I try to stick to Coyote or Tan, but I'm not pick or anal about perfect match like some people.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Black and OD stands out like a Mother at night here in the desert. I try to stick to Coyote or Tan, but I'm not pick or anal about perfect match like some people.

Where did you pick up that Coyote Mil pistol belt? Are you in AZ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yes. I'm in AZ!

I got the belt from Brigade QM. (actiongear.com) It's actually TAN. I also bought the tan mag pouches, but they were imported crap. So I had to run green GI pouches.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post

Heh, I am anal.

I have gear in black, OD, and tan... but however a particular rig is configured (LBE, plate carrier, etc) IT ALL HAS TO BE THE SAME COLOR!!! ie. no different pouches

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nationwide View Post
    Heh, I am anal.

I have gear in black, OD, and tan... but however a particular rig is configured (LBE, plate carrier, etc) IT ALL HAS TO BE THE SAME COLOR!!! ie. no different pouches

Dude you don't want to see at least one of my rigs then. coyote, acu, od and one lonely multicam. It was just everything I had left over to put it together. Krylon is my best friend.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donr101395 View Post
    Krylon is my best friend.
    Yep! I had to piss coat my thigh rig above to get it somewhat in the scheme. The problem is that you accumulate good individual pieces over time, and it's not always available in the color you want.

Feedback Score
    I'm in northern Cal, in LE and still serving with the .mil.

My gear runs one of two ways. It is either all RG or Khaki with MC. The Khaki/MC stuff works real good in our terrain/ flora/ etc. The RG is a bit more compatible with the mil equipment.

fwiw.

Erick
    Yup, I'm a Dinosaur!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast