Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear Color?

Feedback Score
    I'm using tan kit right now because there is no way in hell I am going to wear a black rig in the Florida summer heat.

I know OD or ranger green would have probably been a better choice given my area but that is what my local Sheriff's Department wears and I didn't want to look like one of my local LEO's.

Besides, Eagle was back ordered on almost all of the the products I was interested in and since I'm a civi it really doesn't matter one iota what color I wear.

"Life is too short so have a good time while you can"

Armed Hippie.

Feedback Score
    I've started to go with Coyote.

All my SOE stuff is OD, so that will remain my #2 choice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by D-gin View Post
    I'm using tan kit right now because there is no way in hell I am going to wear a black rig in the Florida summer heat.

I know OD or ranger green would have probably been a better choice given my area but that is what my local Sheriff's Department wears and I didn't want to look like one of my local LEO's.

Besides, Eagle was back ordered on almost all of the the products I was interested in and since I'm a civi it really doesn't matter one iota what color I wear.

What color are Florida Panthers, whitetail dear, wild rabbits, FL Red Wolves, wild field mice, etc.............
    How easy is it to spot those animals in the FL woods........................

Now, explain to me again why OD or Ranger green is better here than Khaki/Coyote.......
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    What color are Florida Panthers, whitetail dear, wild rabbits, FL Red Wolves, wild field mice, etc.............
    How easy is it to spot those animals in the FL woods........................

Now, explain to me again why OD or Ranger green is better here than Khaki/Coyote.......
    Point taken.

The reason I said OD or ranger green is that when I look out side all I see (besides concrete) is green swamp so that was my basis, Nothing more.
    "Life is too short so have a good time while you can"

Armed Hippie.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I drift back and forth between OCD and DGAF.

At first it was OD, then standard US camouflage, then khaki (long ago, before we had it in us to rename "brown") with occasional MarPat thrown in for good measure, then Coyote/FDE, then MultiCam, then complete despair that I had no two pieces of gear that I actually needed in the same color. So I sold a bunch of it to my firends (I think most of them are still my friends) to fund a consolidation.

Base items, such as Armor/helmets/belts/Packs- Coyote.
    Additional items/pouches- MultiCam
    That way I can always hit the gear with some paint until it absorbs the environment.

One of the funniest stories that convinced me to go heavy MultiCam was this Brit Commando unit in some hell-hole in A-stan in the spring. One day, out of nowhere, they noticed little shoots barely poking through the sand/dirt. Next morning-the whole valley was green. They were, distinctly, not.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My stuff is pretty much all green now. For a while I went through a phase where I had two of the exact same rig, one in tan one in OD. Before that, I bought whatever color and sprayed it whatever color I wanted. Both approaches are valid, though some snobs turn their nose up at painting nylon. If my site was up, I could post the pics of my old painted SOE and SOTech rigs.

I consolidated it all down to OD (or foliage or smoke green) a couple of years ago. No fancy multicam, though I acknowledge it's effectiveness. Absolutely no black, because I am not a ninja. No tan just because I like green better and it was one or the other. I think it works pretty good around here, but that's really less of a concern than keeping everything in one color for the sake of being easy.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Olive Drab..... it's my color.......Deer may be tan... but up here.. we shoot about 800.000 a year.... and there tasty to....

Feedback Score
    Now Harv, be honest, would it make any difference how many you shot if they were green???
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OK.. ya got me.... but there still tasty......

Feedback Score
    This might not be the most popular viewpoint, but my stuff is all matt, non-reflective black. I choose to not chase the latest cammo fads.

I'm not on AD anymore and won't be going over to the sanbox; and the nearest desert to me is 2,000 miles away in Arizona. (If we went at war in North Korea right now, I wonder how many would be outfitted in white & black snow cammo).

Any 'action' I might see wearing my first-line gear will probably be in my living room at 3AM, and basic black works just fine for that.

Flame away.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast