Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gear Color?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    The ACU is the absolutely worst camouflage patter to ever be developed. Ok, it might not be that bad, but it does suck.

The only thing worse than being told that you have to wear it, is actually actively trying to wear it. Mall Ninja would be a promotion for that guy.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The only thing worse than being told that you have to wear it, is actually actively trying to wear it.

I think my buttpack is ACU, but I'm not up to date on all the camo patterns. It wasn't available in tan so I had to settle on ACU. Maybe I can rub some dirt on it!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    khaki is a very URBAN color especially when incorporated into urbanite pieces of kit.... in combination with other elements, it would be lost in the morass of colors present.

Feedback Score

Wink khaki

I like to use Khaki even if your wearing Woldland BDU, MARPT woodland Desert, Marpat or the all covented Multi Cam now , to me it works well its not the perfect over all color I think we would agree but it is the most versital color plus "Shit for ten bucks" at walmart in the fabric section go and get some Rite Dye you can dye your Khaki Battle rig into any color Black, Grey ,Ranger green, FN pink if you like ,Bye time it's dyde dried and loaded up on the bird you should be good to go .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any Earth tone(Green, Brown,tan Ect..) will work very well in the field.
    All of it begins to look remarkably similar as it gets dirty and the sun fades it out.

Black is less usefull in that sense because even as it dirties up it will still "cameo" against alot of backgrounds.
    Spray paint can help black.

As long as your gear isnt shiney or rediculously out of place in your AO, it will be OK.

Movement will cue the MK1 eyeball towards you more than the color of your gear.

As far as purpose made camo patterns though, that Multicam stuff is really the heat. It blends well nearly everywhere.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hldhard View Post
    Little History. The original concept behind Black Gear was for Physiological reasons. Back in the days when LAPD SWAT and the Military were starting to establish their new Door Kicker Units. They decided on Black for intimidation reasons.
    Black is always associated with Evil, Bad Ass, Death...etc. They knew this would give them an advantage over the enemy and intimidate the non combatants. Making it easier to keep them under control. The Bala Clava is not just to hide the face and protect it from Fratricide. It is to scare the shit out of people. I sat thru a couple of SO History classes, pretty interesting stuff.
    Gee, this couldn't be why it is referred to, correctly, as Target Indicator Black?

There must be another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    and it sticks out like a sore thumb in most environments. if I'm going to have anygear.. chances are I will use it outdoors.. and Black is a poor choice for me..
    Multicam works pretty well in most places.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is becoming one of those topics that we beat to death on this site.

I'll add this:

If you buy a lighter base color(tan), it will be easier to darken it (to match the surrounding environment). Try to spray paint black gear tan, and see how long it lasts when you are actually using it...it will be back to black in a week if not sooner.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456