Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods and parts for a fighting springer loaded

Feedback Score

Mods and parts for a fighting springer loaded

Hey guys finally getting around to toying with my springer. What do y'all think would be good to turn this pistol into a well rounded fighter. Gonna take it and my glock 17 to next course

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    As long as it runs good, it pretty much has everything you need already on it.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    What are YOU looking for in a fighting pistol? If your not sure take a look at the old style and new style USMC MEU-SOC pistols! Everyone has their own opinion of a "fighting pistol" and what it should have on it! Good Luck!

Grunt Out!
    Semper Fi!

Feedback Score
    Well I did the standard thousand round test to see if I like how it felt and shot before changing a thing. I think I'll grab some sights atleast and throw them on. The gun runs great. Was just wondering what anyone has done with there's. And I have seen and fondled the older meu reps and only seen the newer ones. But I did add some pach's to my gun

Feedback Score
    Grips, sights, and maybe an Ambi-safety if that's your thing.

Other than that, just shoot it til it fails.

Feedback Score
    What kinda sights y'all recommend. I've shot triji and tru glo mostly but I kinda want to try something new

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JAXX View Post
    What kinda sights y'all recommend. I've shot triji and tru glo mostly but I kinda want to try something new
    What is wrong with the sights that are on the pistol now?
    Winning hearts and minds in lovely TexMexistan

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How much are you willing to spend? Do you wanna do the work yourself? Easy stuff, simple stuff?

I'm a beleiver in a light rail, so i would look at adding a Novak or Dawson rail.

I would look at a just blacking out the rear sight, and putting trit front, I like the Hienies, w/o the white ring.

Other then that, your basically looking at upgrading what already there. Vickers 1911 operators course is great at showing you the in and outs of the 1911. Showing you the manufacturing short cuts, and issues that may arise do to them. Some of them, he will show you how to correct on the spot. Look for things like no relief cut in the barrel bed, and a glued in ejector.

SA custom shop has a good rep for work, and a lot of guys send the loaded's in to be upgraded to TRP or PRO. Many smiths, like Novaks have basic reliability packages, that will look for these small issues, and correct them, before they become big one's. If I was sending the gun off to have a rail & sights installed, I'd have that done also.

If it's not a primary carry/duty/work gun, just shoot it till parts break, then replace them with better stuff.
    If it is, I'd look at replacing some of the MIM parts.

Bob
    " Some people say..any tactic that works is a good tactic,...I say, anything can work once" former ABQ swat Sgt.

Feedback Score
    Currently I use my glock 17 for my work gun but I really want to use my springer. Thanks for the suggestions guys. What mim parts would y'all suggest replacing and who should I go with. Also the sights right now are ok but not night sights and would like a rear sight I can rack if forced to without using both hands

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The changes I like to my Loaded are a 10-8 flat trigger,10-8 rear sight(stock trit front plain rear),Wilson tactical thumb safety and VZ Recon grips.
    It also has a 10-8 mag release, guncrafter 20 lpi mainspring housing, 10-8 slide stop and grip tape until I can get checkering done.
    Those were my comfort changes.
    Other mods, EGW Extractor, EGW square bottom FPS, 10-8 recoil spring plug with Colt GI style recoil spring guide, 10-8 grip screws.
    I replaced the ignition group with a Cylinder and Slide set, got lucky, a true drop in 4.5 trigger.
    The reason so much was changed is I bought it used and the PO had made some interesting and dangerous choices.
    Nighthawk makes a nice one piece mainspring housing/magwell that's on it's way to me.
    I've run it through a pistol class and have shot some IDPA with it, very happy with it.
    It loves the CMC power mags.
    Some good info on parts here:http://www.10-8performance.com/pages...fications.html
    Last edited by nfranco; 06-29-11 at 20:41. Reason: info added

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast