Thread: PICS - 914 Consulting LLC-Vickers Shooting Method Handgun Class – June 25, 2011

Feedback Score

PICS - 914 Consulting LLC-Vickers Shooting Method Handgun Class – June 25, 2011

AAR to follow, Great class chris!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Cool pics.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Arrow

This was an awesome class. I had a great time. It was a great opportunity to get back to the basics. Along the way, some training scars that I had developed over the past few months definately came to light in this class. Mainly with my presentation of the gun. I was death-gripping the pistol during my press-out, in anticipation of the first shot recoil, causing quite a bit of wobble. Needles to say it was throwing off some of my shots. With some guidance from Chris, I started to ease up on my grip, which not only improved my accuracy, but smoothed out my draw as a whole, actually making for a faster presentation. I just had to realize in my own mind that it was faster. Another problem I had, was rushing my shots. Again, Chris helped me put things in perspective, and once I started to consider each shot individually, and slow things down in my head, I was able to become more accurate, and still beat the par times. It was definately hot as balls out. I was pounding so much water that I must have broken the record for most fluid contributed to a C2 Shooting Center porto-shitter. Chris is a great instructor, and is extremely knowledgeable. Hanguns at the class consisted of mainly Glocks and M&Ps, with one HK P30, two Sigs, and a couple of other platforms, including a revolver. Chris knew his stuff with all of them. He provided the class with a good, relaxed atmosphere that was conducive to learning. As already mentioned, I had a great time, and I will definately be seeing more of 914 consulting in the future. I am actually hoping to make Chris's next basic carbine class, as I was not able to make it to the one scheduled for the following day. Very nice pics CM. Looks like he has a full write-up in the works.
    Last edited by cgcorrea; 06-28-11 at 07:54.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like another great Hans class.

Sorry I could not stop in to say hello and do some shooting.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Great class. I learned a lot and had fun with a great group of guys. Gun guys always seem to be good people.

I will be looking for the next 914 class. Chris, did you say you were doing a fall class?

Feedback Score

914 Class Review

Chris,
    First of all, this was a great weekend. Both the pistol and carbine classes ran smooth and the quality of instruction was excellent. I'm just a normal guy who is married with 3 kids (all girls) and being able to protect my family is a top concern for me.

So, on behalf of my family thanks for working with me on the fundamentals. I am looking forward to the day you announce you are teaching a Level II course.

Hell man, I might even take this again in a few months just to see how much I've improved. Also, thanks for the great tips on how to enhance my carbine.

Respectfully!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Next 914 Consulting Classes

Guys,

I want to say first and foremost thanks for coming out and spending time in the sun with me learning. If not for willing to learn students this would be an exercise in futility. Everyone learned something in the class, some more than others. But everyone, including myself, learned.

I am working with C2 right now to set up dates for the next VSM weekend. I also have plans on doing a refresher class with half a day of handgun and half a day of carbine for past students. Think something to knock off the cob webs and see how that dry fire is helping you out.

I will keep everyone here posted on the status and will post up here when the dates are set.

Thanks again to all the guys that came out and made the class awesome.
    Former Vickers Shooting Method REI
    914 Consulting LLC

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Chris,

Thanks for an awesome class and a great opportunity to work on the fundamentals under a trained eye.

By far the most valuable part of the class for me was the fact that it exposed certain deficiencies in my technique or mentality that I hadn't noticed quite as much before. There's nothing like blowing the reload on your team drill or dropping rounds outside the black on a walk-back drill for no other reason other than you let the timer get in your head to let you know, you ****ed up and you need to work on this.

I foresee a lot more dry-fire, draw-stroke and reload practice in my future.

I'll also look forward to hearing the dates for the next set of classes as I was sorry I couldn't attend the carbine portion.

Matt