Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Trunk Weapon?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    The crooks are aready armed, if one of my guns was
    locked in my car, stolen and used to murder school children, it is not my concern. The criminal justice system is a laughable joke. The blame belongs on the people who created the joke and who allow persons who served notice to society that they are unfit to roam free to remain free.
    Lots of good comments in this thread, but I couldn't let this one pass without saying something.

The bad guys have guns for the most part because so many people don't secure their guns. The vast majority of the guns I have seen on the street comes from burglaries or thefts.

You may be borderline sociopathic enough to not give a shit if a kid is killed with a gun that you could have secured but didn't, however most other folks don't think that way, and thank God they don't.

The criminal justice system involves everyone in our country. You can choose to be a part of the problem, or not.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Lots of good comments in this thread, but I couldn't let this one pass without saying something.

The bad guys have guns for the most part because so many people don't secure their guns. The vast majority of the guns I have seen on the street comes from burglaries or thefts.

You may be borderline sociopathic enough to not give a shit if a kid is killed with a gun that you could have secured but didn't, however most other folks don't think that way, and thank God they don't.

The criminal justice system involves everyone in our country. You can choose to be a part of the problem, or not.
    I guess we disagree. I consider a locked auto, prudent security. I must balance total security and whether I wish to have a trunk gun. My priority is my loved ones and my safety. I choose to my family first and society second.
    Of course I dont want to see innocents hurt or killed, I was just pointing out a extreme possibility to make my priorities clear.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Considering the current climate of things, I have decided to throw my old SAR-1 that I picked up for under $400 in my truck. I will remove my only bumper sticker, an NRA decal from my truck so as not to advertise that I may have firearms inside my vehicle.

I plan on leaving the rifle unloaded and hidden/secured. Mags will be stashed in another hide away in the interior of my truck.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm seriously thinking about it.Only problem is i live in CT on the MA border(drive in MA a lot).Can't bring a gun into MA,get pulled over and i'd be screwed!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARPATRIOT View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about it.Only problem is i live in CT on the MA border(drive in MA a lot).Can't bring a gun into MA,get pulled over and i'd be screwed!
    Easy fix......MOVE.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Here is the thing. If your weapon and mags are hidden and completely out of plain view then you should be ok.

The officer can do a "scan" of the interior of your vehicle but is not allowed to move anything without, reasonable suspicion or your consent.

AND without a search warrant, if you give consent to search and you decide hey i dont want this guy to search anymore you can tell him to stop and he has to.

Unless you get arrested, you dont have to let the police search your vehicle.

Also, if the weapon is not easily accessable or within immediate reach, in a case and closed up you could always argue that you are going to the range.

In arkansas you are not allowed to carry a firearm in your vehicle as a means to defend yourself unless you have a CCp. This is ****ing stupid by the way. To carry w/ out a CCp the weapon has to be in the case with the magazing not inserted into the weapon and nothing in the chamber and out of immediate reach.

I did see that it is acceptable that when on "journey" it is acceptable to have a weapon in the vehicle that is not in its case. I guess that means if you were just passing through and were from another state.

I am a police officer and dont think that rules are in place for firearms are beneficial at all to good citizens. They make us break the law to protect ourselves from the real criminals. So carry that ****ing gun and protect yourself. Be informed also.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Easy fix......MOVE.
    I would,but i own a 211 year old farmhouse and a cpl. acres that have been in my family for a long time.Good place to live if society does fall apart.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I see your point. Good luck.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    I guess we disagree. I consider a locked auto, prudent security. I must balance total security and whether I wish to have a trunk gun. My priority is my loved ones and my safety. I choose to my family first and society second.
    Of course I dont want to see innocents hurt or killed, I was just pointing out a extreme possibility to make my priorities clear.
    You may think that is security, but only because you haven't experienced a theft from your car, or have any idea just how common break-ins to cars occur.

Ten seconds and a broken window means your gun and gear is gone.

Because so many chicks think locking their purse in the car trunk is secure the bad guys commonly pop the trunk and look for those stashed items.

This may happen while you are on the way back to the car. Or they may decide that you have more guns at home and make sure to visit you again later.

All of these issues are in fact personal and family safety concerns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4twenty6 View Post
    Here is the thing. If your weapon and mags are hidden and completely out of plain view then you should be ok....
    Unless you get arrested, you dont have to let the police search your vehicle...They make us break the law to protect ourselves from the real criminals. So carry that ****ing gun and protect yourself. Be informed also.
    I'm lucky that vehicle carry isn't an issue where I live.

If it *were* illegal, I don't think I'd do it. With my luck I'd be rear-ended by a drunk, scattering AR parts and ammo all over creation.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast