Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trunk Weapon?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would suggest that your primary CCW weapon 9mm and up with a few spare magazines would suffice for local travel. Lots of people envision that the mass waves of murders will ascend upon them as soon as the shit hits the fan. More likely the observant person seeing police and fire units rushing to wards a certain direction would prompt one to turn on the local radio station or were legal a police/fire scanner to hear whats happening in your area.

If suddenly the shit is going to drop right in your lap while driving I would suggest that it would be very unlikely for someone to stop when already armed with a CCW pistol to assemble a long gun on a township or city street to engage that threat.

Now if one is at work and is legally able to keep a long gun in their vehicle I could see having it ride shotgun on their travels home but if some how you were stopped by the police I would follow all police commands and keep both my hands outside the drivers side window and inform that officer of both my long gun and pistol.

With the above said I would personally just drive out of the area asap and only if absolutely necessary address any real threat which could cause me serious bodily harm or death with my pistol. After the engagement if it were safe to wait for the police I would do so but if it appeared another threat to my person was about to occur but I had time to safely relocate I would vacate the area to a nearby place of safety and call police to report the incident.

Now laws vary from county to county, state to state so check what is legally permissive were you live or travel.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

weapon

You cant go wrong with a carry bag m4. However I understand keeping something cheap. I would more than ikely use my mossberg 500. with a variety of ammo and a red dot on top with a folding stock you gota tough weapon system to get you home.
    “It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” Samuel Adams

Those that bleed with me are forever my brothers OCT 28

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    I would suggest that your primary CCW weapon 9mm and up with a few spare magazines would suffice for local travel.
    Generally I'd agree with this although my carry weapon is a .45. Historically, there is a well known 72 hour rule with disasters. I'm not talking about rioting after a hockey basketball game etc or a Rodney King verdict type situation which is spontaneous. But in regards to the banks closing one day, or an EMP or some other type of calamitous disaster, people are calm (and in shock) the first 48 hours assessing their situation and goverment response. Around 72 hours they realize shit ain't getting back to normal, the grocery stores are closed or empty still, gas stations are closed or out of gas, and they begin to panick and the vermin realize cops got their hands full so time too take advantage. So the rule is generally you have 48 hours to get home or out of dodge. Of course there are exceptions to every rule and society is growing alarmingly less civil with each day. A lot of this will be unchartered waters.

Quote Originally Posted by indawire View Post
    Mossberg 500 12ga.
    Agreed. With a bag of about 100 slugs & 00 buck. I bought one at a pawn shop for $100 was brand new. Would I rather have my M4, probably, but won't hurt nearly as much if this gets stolen instead of a $2-3000 M4.
    Last edited by Just a Jarhead; 06-29-11 at 03:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The crooks are aready armed, if one of my guns was
    locked in my car, stolen and used to murder school children, it is not my concern. The criminal justice system is a laughable joke. The blame belongs on the people who created the joke and who allow persons who served notice to society that they are unfit to roam free to remain free.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Hay im over south of Rochester I have some friends who work over your way nurses and soliders and I know crime is bad. I have a truck gun but its a cheep old beet rem 870 no way I'm leaving my AR in the truck
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    I also have a Jeep. 2010 Wrangler Sport to be exact.If you check out 4wd.com they have a MOLLE attachment system to put on your Overhead Rollbar, the back of your Drivers Seat, Back of the Rear Seat or mounted to the inside of the rear Gate. Its made by Smittybuilt and comes with a bunch of pouches.

I picked up one of the mounted to Rear Gate and one of the Overhead Roll Bars.

My truck gun used to be a 870, but I'm in the works of picking up a Marlin 336 in 30-30. Gonna have the action smoothed, barrel chopped to 16.5, XS Sights and Rail, and a T1 mounted on it. That, IMO will be the ultimate truck gun. Easy to find 30-30 anywhere, and not as bulky or "scary" looking as a AR/AK
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    .... I'm in the works of picking up a Marlin 336 in 30-30. Gonna have the action smoothed, barrel chopped to 16.5, XS Sights and Rail, and a T1 mounted on it. That, IMO will be the ultimate truck gun. Easy to find 30-30 anywhere, and not as bulky or "scary" looking as a AR/AK
    Why not just buy the 336 youth model (which is new) and just put an adult stock on it?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How do you guys deal with the legal issues? i.e. many states don't allow the carry of loaded rifles or shotguns inside of a vehicle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brzusa.1911 View Post
    How do you guys deal with the legal issues? i.e. many states don't allow the carry of loaded rifles or shotguns inside of a vehicle.
    Last I checked around here if you had the bullets(non mag using rifles) or loaded mags in a seperate space from the weapon you are gtg. Since the trunk/truck gun for me is a STHF backup that isn't a problem. Rifle with no mag locked under the rear seat. Loaded mag(s) locked in the glove box. My anti-car jacker weapon is the g27/g23 on my hip at all times. I figure if it is bad enough to need the ak or shotgun I have a few minutes to get it out and load her up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brzusa.1911 View Post
    In MI a disassembled rifle is exempt from the law. Separate your AR upper and lower and there you go... "gun parts".
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast