Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trunk Weapon?

Feedback Score
    I am planning on getting a Sig P556 to serve in this purpose. At just under $1000 it runs more than the $500 "limit", but it would be a dang good trunk gun that can easily be hidden in a lock box.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the idea of an M4 in a bag that you take inside with you every evening. As the economy has continued to poop on us, I have seen a noticeable increase in vehicle break ins. As opposed to a mugging or home invasions. It's a quick, relatively risk free way for a scumbag to get a few bucks. Leaving a gun in a vehicle overnight anywhere but the most remote places is asking for problems. Same thing with GPS, iPod, etc.

I think a bag with an MRE/equivalent, 2+ litres of water, some binocs, a cellphone charger, few other things, and a firearm with 30-90 rnds that one could bring inside each day would be tits.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Indiana, if its loaded it has to be out of the reach of the driver. Hence why my 870 and its replacement are/will be attached to the back of the rear seat MOLLE attachment. I keep it in a gun sock, and just use simple attachments to hold it secure. Got a Go Bag in there too with 3 extra M&P 40 mags, 2 boxes of Sluggers, 2 Boxes of 00 Buck, 4 "Broken Down" MRE's, 4 1 liter bottles of water, a camo tarp, some 550 cord, a E-tool, couple lighters, and a newspaper in a ziplock to use as kindling.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another thing I just thought of, unrelated to guns. What level do you all allow your tank to get down to? I do my absolute best not to go below half a tank, but often I let it down to 1/4. Not good.

If one encountered closed roads, gridlock on the remaining open roads, and no power at the fill stations, 5 gal ain't gonna cut it

Feedback Score
    This thread has got me thinking … again. I have a late model Toyota Tacoma 4-door and if you're familiar with them they have divided storage area both behind and under the back seat. I've often wished someone would make a replacement liner for either one that isn't divided and ideally incorporate a rifle rack, preferably lockable.

Has anyone ever seen something like that? I think that would be a great way to carry a long gun, out of sight and not in the way.

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by FishingFool; 08-04-12 at 21:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_DAVE View Post
    I carry a 870 I got used a few years back for 200. I think it wise not keep anything in the car that you can't afford to replace in a week or two. You could also consider one of those Kel Tech rifles they can be folded in half. And B and H gun rack does Military and LEO discounts on those rifles. Kel Tech carrires three differnt models I would stay way from the A model due to it having plastic front sights. I have not shot any of them so I can not vouch for thier reliability. But I had considered on before. I think B and H prices the B model at about 350.

If you want to secure the weapon, if you have a lock box in a truck you can but some holes in the bottom and more or less chain it to the lock box using the lock that most weapons come with. Yes it could still be stolen, but if it is a pain in the ass they may leave it behind. The other nice thing about the kel tech is most criminal are dumb asses and they may not recognize the kel tech as being a gun while folded up.
    I think that what you're referring to is the Kel Tec Sub 2000.

They can be had to accept either Glock or Beretta magazines. If you had one of these, matching your carry pistol, just throw in a couple happy sticks and you're set.
    Last edited by zacii; 06-29-11 at 19:55.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Hmmm I wonder if there are any disadvantages other than losing one round of mag capacity with just going with a youth model Marlin. It seems as though the 12" LOP would be easier to use as a "trunk" gun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    The crooks are aready armed, if one of my guns was locked in my car, stolen and used to murder school children, it is not my concern. The criminal justice system is a laughable joke. The blame belongs on the people who created the joke and who allow persons who served notice to society that they are unfit to roam free to remain free.
    You better check your civil and possible criminal liability with you local D/A's office if you think that a firearm owned by you was used by another in a murder or mass homicide.

No matter were you live one is always responsible for the physical control and use of every firearm that they own and I'M sure a few slick lawyers just may convince a jury that everything you used to own now belongs to the victims families because your firearm was accessible to some nut case who went on a killing spree.

Now I'M personally not against a long gun in a vehicle Were Legal and if it is securely (LOCKED) in a rack or chained/cabled to steel backing out of sight inside a locked vehicle which has a working vehicle alarm one could show they did everything possible to control access to the firearm while stored in a vehicle.

But just leaving that AR or Shotgun in some Half Ass manner inside a vehicle is just asking for trouble. Be smart and protect yourself by securing the weapon properly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I think that what you're referring to is the Kel Tec Sub 2000.

They can be had to accept either Glock or Beretta magazines. If you had one of these, matching your carry pistol, just throw in a couple happy sticks and you're set.
    No kel tech has 3 rifles that fold in half that are .223 chambered i think and 1 with an underfolder stock that is .223. Models are A,B,C and CA is the under folder. They are getting hard to find but i would like to shoot one. like i said before stay away from the a model casue it has a plastic front sight all other models seem ok. the c models has a heavier barrel than the A or B but is about 100 dollars more.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast