Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trunk Weapon?

Feedback Score
    I recently bought a rifle rack for the inside roof of my truck. It keeps the rifle readily accessible and securely locked, it’s kind of pricy though. I believe it was meant for law enforcement vehicles, I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit your Jeep. Check out the website http://www.fleetsafety.com/Vehicle-G...-Horizontal-59

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monadh View Post
    I am planning on getting a Sig P556 to serve in this purpose. At just under $1000 it runs more than the $500 "limit", but it would be a dang good trunk gun that can easily be hidden in a lock box.
    I would rather have a second, decent pistol in a conventional pistol caliber than the P556.

Although, there's an upside to having the P556 in this role in the event of a car burg. The burglar would be relieving me of something I shouldn't have had anyway, and given me opportunity to make a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    Another thing I just thought of, unrelated to guns. What level do you all allow your tank to get down to? I do my absolute best not to go below half a tank, but often I let it down to 1/4. Not good.
    Never below a half of a tank, with portable tanks available to extend range. Also, a siphon pump to obtain fuel through alternate means if needed.
    [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark/MO View Post
    This thread has got me thinking … again. I have a late model Toyota Tacoma 4-door and if you're familiar with them they have divided storage area both behind and under the back seat. I've often wished someone would make a replacement liner for either one that isn't divided and ideally incorporate a rifle rack, preferably lockable.

Has anyone ever seen something like that? I think that would be a great way to carry a long gun, out of sight and not in the way.
    Build yourself a wooden box contoured to mate with the body panel of choice in the cab of the pickup. Carpet to match.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I think that what you're referring to is the Kel Tec Sub 2000. They can be had to accept either Glock or Beretta magazines. If you had one of these, matching your carry pistol, just throw in a couple happy sticks and you're set.
    The Kel-Tec folders are worthy of consideration as a 3rd-level and lower contingency option.

Alternate methods of carry and storage previously discussed preserve your ability to use high quality arms.
    Last edited by ST911; 06-29-11 at 22:22.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Just checkin who's readin

I do mean the 18", just wanted to see if anyone would notice

Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Do you mean an 18" barrel? I would not keep an NFA item in my truck for a multitude of reasons.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    that is what I thought.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    *bleh, missed another post with duplicate info to what I'd typed*

Or you could get a little draco ak pistol, those would be fun
    Last edited by Grizzly16; 06-30-11 at 07:59.

Feedback Score
    If you have the Jeep JK (07-present), you should look at Tuffy security products. They have a product called the concealed carry drawer. It it a secured metal storage box that fits under the drivers seat. Its pretty spacious. Ive fit my duty gun, back up, taser, and two magazines in there with no problem. I think the drawer was about $100. Well worth the money. They also make a secured enclosure for the cargo area. A lot of guys in my jeep club have the cargo box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    I would rather have a second, decent pistol in a conventional pistol caliber than the P556.

Although, there's an upside to having the P556 in this role in the event of a car burg. The burglar would be relieving me of something I shouldn't have had anyway, and given me opportunity to make a better choice.
    As always, to each his own. Your experience leads you one way, mine another.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If someone was going to carry a silly* rifle-caliber pistol in their vehicle, why not use an AR with a recoil extension tube that could still be jammed in the shoulder and fired accurately?

* I use the word "silly" because they are. I never see people shooting these style weapons accurately; only as a novelty device to waste ammo.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    If someone was going to carry a silly* rifle-caliber pistol in their vehicle, why not use an AR with a recoil extension tube that could still be jammed in the shoulder and fired accurately?

* I use the word "silly" because they are. I never see people shooting these style weapons accurately; only as a novelty device to waste ammo.
    As one who wishes to not be silly, do you happen to have a link to any videos or articles on the correct use of one of the draco style pistols?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly16 View Post
    As one who wishes to not be silly, do you happen to have a link to any videos or articles on the correct use of one of the draco style pistols?
    I'm not sure if you are joking or not. But... the most efficient way I know to employ this type of weapon is by using a somewhat tight single point sling and pushing the weapon outward until tight. This way the sights can be lined up and although not as stable as pulling a stock in (IMHO) it works well enough.
    I cannot find a video at the moment...
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast