Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trunk Weapon?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I'm not sure if you are joking or not. But... the most efficient way I know to employ this type of weapon is by using a somewhat tight single point sling and pushing the weapon outward until tight. This way the sights can be lined up and although not as stable as pulling a stock in (IMHO) it works well enough.
    I cannot find a video at the moment...
    Sorry, upon re-reading my post was a bit.. douchy. I am genuinely curious on their use. I'm toying with the idea of picking one up. If I can't find a good way to use it as is I'll take it down the sbr route with folding stock.

Feedback Score
    If legal where you live I'm with the folding stock AK idea.

If you have to keep ammo separate just put some mags in a different compartment. Or in a tool chest.

Feedback Score
    I keep my KelTec Sub2000 folded in a brief case. 9mm will do the job.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Indiana, if its loaded it has to be out of the reach of the driver. Hence why my 870 and its replacement are/will be attached to the back of the rear seat MOLLE attachment. I keep it in a gun sock, and just use simple attachments to hold it secure. Got a Go Bag in there too with 3 extra M&P 40 mags, 2 boxes of Sluggers, 2 Boxes of 00 Buck, 4 "Broken Down" MRE's, 4 1 liter bottles of water, a camo tarp, some 550 cord, a E-tool, couple lighters, and a newspaper in a ziplock to use as kindling.
    I searched the Indiana Code and didn't find anything saying that a loaded long gun must be out of the reach of the driver. Where can I find that particular regulation? I was told by a Madison County Sheriffs Duputy that a long gun in a vehicle can be loaded or unloaded as long as the driver is in legal posession of it. He did not mention that it needs to be out of reach.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanna91 View Post
    I searched the Indiana Code and didn't find anything saying that a loaded long gun must be out of the reach of the driver. Where can I find that particular regulation? I was told by a Madison County Sheriffs Duputy that a long gun in a vehicle can be loaded or unloaded as long as the driver is in legal posession of it. He did not mention that it needs to be out of reach.
    Call your local D/A's office and ask them what the legal parameters are for having a un-loaded/loaded, un-assembled or assembled Long gun stored in your vehicle. No disrespect to your Sheriff friend but getting the information from the very people who deal with VUFA charges on a regular basis would have up to date information to offer, better safe then sorry.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    retracted.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 07-06-15 at 06:19.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly16 View Post
    Sorry, upon re-reading my post was a bit.. douchy. I am genuinely curious on their use. ....
    No problem man. As long as you have the money, there is nothing wrong with experimenting. Just make sure you practice with it.

I would most likely use my under-folding AK, since I hate to shoot it but wont sell it. Wouldn't care too much if it was stolen. Being 26" folded, it fits into a backpack quite easily and has an Ulti-Mak rail on it for an optic.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I would most likely use my under-folding AK, since I hate to shoot it but wont sell it.
    Why do you hate to shoot it?

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the 30-30 lever action idea some have suggested. A 30-30 also makes it easier to use the excuse "oops, I left my hunting rifle in the car" rather than the "I'm a crazy gun nut waiting for the apocolypse and keep an evil black rifle in my trunk for that very reason" - sounds more reasonable to the local deputy or the local jury if it should ever get there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    A 30-30 also makes it easier to use the excuse "oops, I left my hunting rifle in the car" rather than the "I'm a crazy gun nut waiting for the apocolypse and keep an evil black rifle in my trunk for that very reason" - sounds more reasonable to the local deputy or the local jury if it should ever get there.
    perhaps I have my evil black rifle in the car because I was hoping to get some range time in today!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just a Jarhead View Post
    perhaps I have my evil black rifle in the car because I was hoping to get some range time in today!
    LOL! No, no, that's just too evil!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast