Thread: "After Armageddon" on History

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

"After Armageddon" on History

Just watched this a little while ago. I thought it actually did a pretty decent job of going over what your average person is going to face during a situation like this. Although granted it seemed somewhat shallow, and probably not as in-depth as it could be, but what do you want for a 2 hour tv show? I also thought their portrayal of security at the towns was a bit weak (although at least they had the guts to show the guys packing ARs and such), and the end was a bit new-age/hippy-ish imo. But overall, it seemed pretty accurate.
    It re-runs today (6-29-11) at 4 PM EST.

Thoughts and opinions?
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    It played about a year ago. I watched it then. Not a bad show. It hit on some key points that most people don't want to hear. Like when the family was in the small town. It was well done. It is for the average person on the street but still a good show.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I saw it too back when it first aired. The commentary from the panel of experts make the two hours worth while, a lot of insight from some highly educated people in their fields. Not your typical over educated idiots. IMHO, the show itself did a disservice as it sugar coated the evils that would be perpetrated against the average everyday man and his family.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    sounds cool. I missed it so will have to search for it to see if it re-runs anytime soon. I'll tell you, I think the Walking Dead on AMC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...ead_(TV_series)) is a pretty good portrayal of what post-apocolyptic life is gonna be like (minus the zombies). Just substitute gangs of malcontents for the zombies.
    Last edited by omega21; 07-01-11 at 06:48.

Feedback Score
    You Tube is your friend!!