Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your experience with recent "Bad QC"

Feedback Score

Your experience with recent "Bad QC"

A slight off-shoot thread from the "Sig Face-Palm" thread. Since QC seems to be down everywhere, could we maybe have a thread detailing your personal dealings with bad QC on NIB handguns since November 2008, and their current status?

Two for me:

Gen3 Glock 19. NVD prefix. Had a out of spec extractor from the factory. Caused 1 FTE, and failed to extract a empty case out of the chamber. Fixed with a new extractor.

Beretta PX4 SC. Left-side decocker/safety would not decock the hammer unless pressure was put on the top of the slide. Currently sitting in Accokeek being evaluated.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Worst: Placed an order for 28 Sig P229 pistols in 2009. When I inspected them, one had an out of spec rear dove tail and the sight literally just fell out. Two were missing guide rods, and all of them had shoddy plastic grips in which the right grip plate did not line up properly. On some of the pistols it looks like a factory worker took a grinding wheel and just ground down the back of the plate to make it look even cosmetically. However, it still shifted around and would not properly mate with the frame. We've had a number of other problems with these pistols since rounds have been put downrange.

Best: Ordered 12 H&K P30s earlier this year. No problems to speak of out of the box, and no problems since then.

Feedback Score
    January 2010: NIB Colt Lightweight Government Model.

One round discharged. Slide blew past slide stop, rendering weapon inoperable.

Feedback Score
    2009 Taurus: Refused to warranty PT-92. Muzzle crown machined at least a 45% angle to the center line of the bore. Corrected it and traded it off for XD.

2010 Springfield: Undetermined if it is a QC issue or what. Slide locking back in the middle of a mag. Start off as an isolated incident, but there has been a few more incidents leading me to believe somethings up. Maybe a weak spring?

Recently Colt: RG 1911 had issue barrel to slide fit causing stoppages and thumb safety ill fitted. Sent it in twice. The safety was replaced, but the barrel untouched. I had to fit it myself.

Feedback Score
    I bought a couple of Glock 19's (Gen 3) with steel sights over several months. Both had the 'crimp type' steel front sight. Both sights were loose literally after one range session.

I decided to switch strictly to the G17, so I sold one to a friend and pointed out the defect. He didn't care because he planned to install different sights anyway. The other got sold on consignment.

I consider that crimp type front sight as much a design flaw as a QC problem. I broke two sight tools trying to recrimp and tighten them.

All larger calibers suggest use of a locking adhesive (per the sight tool's directions), but the 9mm evidently had no such locking adhesive.

Feedback Score
    RRA Upper receiver had a few places where the sharp burs were still on the receiver and pauperized that way. Cut myself more than once during the build. Also their A2 style front site post wasn't milled straight down the center, there's approx a .050" difference in thickness from one side to other. Rather disappointing.

Feedback Score
    M&P 40 Fullsize, recent production. Sporadic dead trigger issue, sight dots fell out.

M&P 9 Fullsize, 2yrs old, "new old stock" Broken striker, mags fell out randomly, slide rusting.

*Both above were fixed by S&W and then sold*

Glock 17, late 2010 production, sporadic ejection from new, brass going straight up, left, in my face, etc. Tried new recoil spring and variety of ammo, nothing helped. Started having failures to eject around 860rnds. Sold with disclosure.

I've had many many more displeasures with a variety of pistols, these being my most recent....and since it was already mentioned, SIG really needs a new vendor for their plastic grips. Most all of mine have sucked in the fit dept.

Feedback Score
    Long time lurker, so I hate to make this my first post, but...

Best.. I bought two HKs. One HK45c and one P30.. Both LEMs and they have run like tops without a malfunction.

Worst.. An FN FNX 9mm that is currently at FN, hopefully getting fixed for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-AGI_-a06E

When the gun is warm (as in sitting in the sun warm), it won't fire in DA mode. Not very pleased with it and there are a few people on the FN forums that are having the same problem. Hopefully it isn't widespread and hopefully they fix it for me properly.

Edit: I will say, FN did fix it correctly. They sent me new pistol. Tested it out in the heat (dry fire) and no problems. Good on them.
    Last edited by Patriot328; 07-29-11 at 21:47.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Gen 3 Glock 17 that would stovepipe every couple hundred rounds or so.

FN FS2000 that would light strike 1 in 30 rounds, easy fix, but still....

I handled (I dont own it) a CZ P07 ( I think that was the designation) at my local shop, and the white Glock-style U shaped plastic insert in the rear sight fell out as I was holding it.

Like some others said, my HK pistols have always been flawless. I dont recall ever having a malfunction with any of the half dozen or so that Ive owned.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My one and only SIG (a 2010 P226) had the rear sight drift almost all the way out of the dovetail during it's first trip to the range. That, and the fact that the mags kept leaving rust all over the mag-well convinced me to sell it soon thereafter.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast