Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mattress Cover

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Shoot at enough stuff and you will see that weird stuff happens and sometimes weird little bits of reality can do weird stuff to a bullet.
    So, sure, a mattress might slow or alter the path of an incoming round enough to protect someone, but I wouldn't count on it.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Not to stir the pot but my wife went crazy(i wasnt there) and bought an expensive matress. 8 to 9 inches of memory foam i wonder how that would differ. I sure as hell wont be holding my breath on the other side.
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Shoot at enough stuff and you will see that weird stuff happens and sometimes weird little bits of reality can do weird stuff to a bullet.
    So, sure, a mattress might slow or alter the path of an incoming round enough to protect someone, but I wouldn't count on it.
    Not to mention multiple rounds. I'd consider other options.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Absolutely not.

I had a friend in high school who had an ND while sitting cross legged on my bed. The 9mm bullet went straight through the area just below and between his big toe and second toe, through the mattress, box spring, and gouged the wooden floor of my room.

If a mattress ever deflected a round, it would be pure luck, or coincidence, and I certainly doubt it would do it twice...
    Last edited by CGSteve; 07-12-11 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine ND'd through a mattress with a G19. The FMJ went through the mattress and the box spring, under the carpet for about 15 feet, skipped up and went through an interior wall and through an entertainment center, eventually lodging halfway through the first side of another wall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12