Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 and my boy!

Feedback Score
    My mom had it pretty bad with the chemo treatment. I am glad he is still active with the treatments. I wish your family the best.

Feedback Score
    Here's to MANY more years of shooting enjoyment together.

All the best.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Gibson,
    God bless, man.

PM me if you need anything. Seriously.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    He was diagnosed at the end of Sept. last year. I believe he is on re-induction 2? Our doctor is Dr. Pui evidently he wrote the protocol being employed. Famous guy. I an unclear one the nomenclature, sorry. My wife keeps up with all of that. I fell apart at the beginning and have never really clearly gotten the stage names. She takes him back bi-weekly until August 4th. (Had to go bi-weekly because of the chemo drug he has to take, as he exhibited an allergic reaction to the other, that would have allowed for more time between visits. So, it 6 hours+ round trip twice a week. I usually stay and take care of the other three children we have.)

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-cpm032511.php

Hopefully we will shoot the LE6920 tomorrow. He has to hold it atop his shoulder due to his port. We only have to step to the side of our house and blaze away. I set up a little 'range' and we are country folk.

Mortality is a real wake-up call. I have been stabbed almost to death, looked down the wrong side of a barrel twice, and crawled out from under some big weights but NOTHING compares to the feeling of being utterly helpless to take make your son well. I could not go on if something happened to one of my children.

Thanks to everyone who wished us well!

We'll keep our powder dry and blast at the bull's eye!
    Last edited by Gibson; 07-02-11 at 01:15.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a tough kid who takes after dad.

Best wishes and prayers!

Feedback Score
    I hope your kid gets better, sooner, rather than later.

Prayers inbound as ****, man.

You can always PM members here if you need anything.

I seriously doubt those shots were luck though. You probably just don't want to admit he's a better shot than you.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Prayers sent. Keep his spirits up. Take him out everytime he feels up to it.

Feedback Score
    Gibson, you have my prayers as well. I went thru this last year with my wife (stage 1 breast cancer, she's recovering fine), and currently with a good friend (kidney tumor). If there is anything I can do, please IM me.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like he shot better than me yesterday!!! My prayers and best wishes for your son, you, and your family.

Feedback Score
    Our prayers are with you sir.

Please tell your son, great shootin!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast