Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 and my boy!

Feedback Score
    Good shooting with your son. I hope he fully recovers. Prayers sent.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Brother, my heart thoughts and prayers to your son and family. May God almighty bless your son with his healing grace!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
    He was diagnosed at the end of Sept. last year. I believe he is on re-induction 2? Our doctor is Dr. Pui evidently he wrote the protocol being employed. Famous guy. I an unclear one the nomenclature, sorry. My wife keeps up with all of that. I fell apart at the beginning and have never really clearly gotten the stage names. She takes him back bi-weekly until August 4th. (Had to go bi-weekly because of the chemo drug he has to take, as he exhibited an allergic reaction to the other, that would have allowed for more time between visits. So, it 6 hours+ round trip twice a week. I usually stay and take care of the other three children we have.)

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-cpm032511.php

Hopefully we will shoot the LE6920 tomorrow. He has to hold it atop his shoulder due to his port. We only have to step to the side of our house and blaze away. I set up a little 'range' and we are country folk.
    They started that new protocol about a year ago, getting some outstanding results. Tomas was on the old COG 0331 protocol. I wont go into the technical questions about treatment. You still have about 2 yrs, 2-4 months before he completes the treatment. Tomas also had a port inserted after his broviac sprung an internal leak at the 14 month mark.

I discovered that shooting was great therapy for Tomas while in treatment, the port prevented him from participating in contact sports.

Keep in mind, when he gets the vincristine, his ears a super sensitive, also the methotrexate makes him sensitive to the sun. Key thing about the treatment is that you keep the family together as you are doing.

He will finish treatment, there will be alot of ups and downs between then and now. The hair grows back, the steroid bloating will go away.

His Tomas album while he was in treatment:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8&l=ebb66622ff

What is your son's first name? Tomas will add him to his childhood cancer prayer list.
    Last edited by Smuckatelli; 07-02-11 at 10:12.

Feedback Score
    Unreal. You guys are out of sight!

Odd to me, you post on gun board about your sick son and just look at the kind and heartfelt responses you get. We are supposed to be a collective group of gun-nuts, accent on the nuts. How wrong those that despise us are. Good folks are where you find them and I have always found them in gun owners. God Bless You All!

For the gentleman who asked, my son's name is Andrew Gibson. Take care of your son

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My wife has always commented that she feels much more accepted around my shooter friends than in any other group.

That says a lot.

Feedback Score
    Gibson, my son and and I botth send you strength and prayers. Sounds like your son has a great dad. God bless.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Prayers outbound. Hang in there.

Okie John

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Kind of funny how small my problems just got. I am praying for your family.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'll be praying for your son.

Sounds like it did him good to go shooting with you for sure...

DeltaSierra

Feedback Score
    prayers to you both!
    in'84 i was diagnosed with ALL leukemia. no fun. a few years later i was good to go!

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast