Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OBR and PredatAR...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've shot both. The PredatAR is a carbine, and the OBR is a precision rifle. We got 6 PredatARs a few months ago to try out as patrol rifles. Just as light as a M4, and with slightly better rearward balance than the SCAR 17. LaRue makes a very high quality product, and ours have worked flawlessly. They also seem to run pretty clean and require less maintenance than other DI 7.62 systems I've used. Definately a good choice for someone who wants a .308 version of their M4, but without the drawbacks of battle rifle issues.

Feedback Score
    So what everyone is saying is that the OBR 20" barrel is significantly more accurate than the PREDATAR 18" at 300-1000 yrds?

Feedback Score
    I would guess this depends on how many shots, since the heavier barrel will heat and cool more slowly. Using the OBR as a baseline, it would be interesting to know how far the predatar deviates as it heats up. I would expect both to be exceptional cold barrel, 1st shots.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    I thought that the rifle shoots better when the barrel starts to get hot?

Feedback Score
    The majority of the shooting ill b doing will probabaly b 300-500 yrds i would assume the predatar and obr are similiar in accuracy at those distances

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by italius222 View Post
    The majority of the shooting ill b doing will probabaly b 300-500 yrds i would assume the predatar and obr are similiar in accuracy at those distances
    I would find a stocking dealer. Larue stopped taking orders

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikele View Post
    I would find a stocking dealer. Larue stopped taking orders
    Thats fine, i can wait to order it. I figured that was the case cause everyone is freaking out over nothing with this possible gun ban

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by italius222 View Post
    Thats fine, i can wait to order it. I figured that was the case cause everyone is freaking out over nothing with this possible gun ban

So what happens when there is a ban? What will you do?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234