Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW! QD Rotation Limited Sling MOUNT-N-SLOT for MOE Buttstocks!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For the amount of machining and finish work that goes into that one little piece, $30 seems more than fair to me.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSUT View Post
    For the amount of machining and finish work that goes into that one little piece, $30 seems more than fair to me.
    I don't think anyone is saying the price isn't fair. The issue is that with the cost of it and the stock you could get the CTR which would have the QD built in and therefore avoid having to bolt a piece on.

It is however nice for people who purchased a MOE then later realized they needed a QD on the stock.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Agree with much of the above. I like to have slings either fully on or fully off the gun, but would buy the CTR if I wanted a QD slot on the stock. As it is I buy the MOE because I do not (either hard-attach the sling or attach at receiver endplate).

I admire the ingenuity and the niche, but other that someone that somehow feels stuck with the MOE I'm not sure why you'd opt for this option. Even if you already had a MOE and regretted it, selling it used and buying a CTR used seems the better choice. I would prefer having an integral part to having more joints as well.

As a strong MOE user, I might consider these if they were $10-15 simply to have another option on my rifle but at a combined price that puts it over the price of the integral solution I'll pass.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying the price isn't fair.
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    ....but seriously$ 30? It should be less.

Feedback Score

department use

Great option for the LE departments already outfitted with the MOE. Allows use of QD without having to spend even more money for a different stock.

Like the products coming out of IWC....please keep them coming.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSUT View Post
    This:
    There is a difference between a price being fair and something beign worth the price for what it does. Would it be a better buy for $20? Oh yeah. But $30 prices it in line with similar products.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Some people, like myself, like to have the sling either completely attached to the rifle, or sompletely not, without spare buckles and straps in the way. I outfitted my ARs with QD front and back swivels to make it easy to swap slings on any weapon with ease.
    I can understand that.
    I look at similarly to Rob S. If having a sling attach in a particular way is important to me I'm going to buy the stock or Receiver Extension end plate that allows me to attach it EXACTLY how I want it. I'm not going to try to make something work to save less than $30.

Also a small ring of cabling through the sling slots on an moe make for a great place to snap in a HK hook and when the sling is removed there isn't anything of note attached.

Chris

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    There is a difference between a price being fair and something beign worth the price for what it does. Would it be a better buy for $20? Oh yeah. But $30 prices it in line with similar products.
    There is cost to manufacture, and then there is cost of competing products, and then there is cost that the market will bear.

It would cost me thousands of dollars to travel to India and scoop up some actual Indian elephant turds. This does not mean that upon arrival back in Florida I can sell said turds for a price sufficient to cover my costs. Especially when anyone desiring elephant turds can simply visit the Miami Metro Zoo and pick up the domestic equivalent.

Feedback Score
    I like the innovations out of IWC. This particular piece may have more niche appeal, but for someone like me stuck in a ban state with a pinned MOE stock, this new component is a better solution than hacking off the MOE and replacing it with a CTR just to get a QD swivel point.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While this does come close to negating the price difference between a CTR and MOE w/ mount it will be a great addition for people who purchased MOE stocks as a upgrade in the past or bought a complete rifle that came equipped with a MOE stock.

IWC's gear is top notch, and good quality comes with a price when you are buying from a small company that does their own design/R&D and manufactures in the US. DD, Gear Sector, etc. are also all in this price range for mounts.
    Second place earns a body bag.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast