Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I G19 --> M&P ?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Whichever version you get it's easy to make it the other.
    Just a matter of removing parts, or something?

I may go take another look at them after work today. Shall barrage salesperson with pesky questions....

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    Just a matter of removing parts, or something?

I may go take another look at them after work today. Shall barrage salesperson with pesky questions....

It's just a different sear block to change the version. One can disable a mag disconnect easily without needing a new block too.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Suggested retail is higher than Glocks but its much easier to find a great deal on an M&P than it is on a Glock. Buds usually has M&Ps from $439 and up depending on whether or not it has the magazine safety & Internal lock.

Around here you can usually find the M&P for $20 cheaper than a comparable Glock.
    The magazine safety for competition would be a major PIA but no problem for carry. That is unless the mag falls out unintentionally which is a problem discussed on the mp-pistol site. This problem dosen't seem to affect everyone, but it is something that needs to be fully solved for carry.
    "The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, it sounds like M&P win this match. What is the favorite caliber you guys are buying the M&P in?
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I've said it time and time again; I love my M&P so far but I'm not ready for it to replace my G19. If I had to pick one and only one I would still choose the G19 over the M&P.

That said, I shoot my M&P almost exclusively...when I find the time to shoot. The ergonomics are awesome, recoil is soft and the trigger can be tuned to suit most users needs. As someone else already mentioned the stock sights are superior and more and more companies are making aftermarket sights for the M&P.

One of the big negatives has been the lack of parts and accessories but that is getting better. If we could get a steady supply of magazines that weren't over $30 I'd be very happy.

In a nutshell I think you should definitely try and M&P but I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up a G19 in the process.
    What he said.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    GLOCK! When the M&P builds a reputation like Glock in regards to reliability, then I would think about trusting one as a carry gun. Until then, it's Glock.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC43283 View Post
    GLOCK! When the M&P builds a reputation like Glock in regards to reliability, then I would think about trusting one as a carry gun. Until then, it's Glock.

Uh, the reputation is already there, and Glock does not equal 100% reliability. I have seen all kind of things go wrong with them (including lots of malfunctions).

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 10-30-07 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Uh, the reputation is already there, and Glock does not equal 100% reliability. I have see all kind of things go wrong with them (including lots of malfunctions).

C4
    Be careful where you say that. Some guys think they are the Glock Pope, granting absolution to your malfunctioning Glock, because theirs...."runs great".

Bob

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R Moran View Post
    Be careful where you say that. Some guys think they are the Glock Pope, granting absolution to your malfunctioning Glock, because theirs...."runs great".

Bob

LOL, I have no fear. I have owned Glock since the Gen 1 days and have been carrying them as a CCW weapon since 95. No one can tell me they are perfect and without issues. I also had a nice long talk with an ex-Glock employee. I have all the dirt.

I have also been through Glock and M&P armorers schools. Once you do this, there shouldn't be any question which weapon is better.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I will be the odd man out and say that I unequivicably prefer a Glock to the S&WM&P. I have fired the M&P a fiar amount in both 9mm and 45 and both had horrible triggers when compared to a Glock. This made them harder to shoot well. I would never consider swapping a Glock for an M&P. You would have to drop money on a trigger job and shipping to and from a gunsmith who does them to make the M&P comparable to the Glock in my oppinion.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast