Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Convince The Wife Your Not Crazy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    You can't convince a woman she is wrong.
    ...because they're all crazy
    www.king33training.com

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2/1 SFG(A)
    ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM / DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC Nubby View Post
    I kinda like her thinking I'm crazy so she leaves me alone.
    I like this idea........I like to fart a lot and that also helps with her leaving me alone.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    I like this idea........I like to fart a lot and that also helps with her leaving me alone.
    I usually stick with wearing black dress socks, ragged shorts and my favorite sandals when we go shopping. About 1 out of 100 times she lets me do it

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If she can't see how the country/world is spiraling down the crapper then maybe she is the crazy one. Rose colored glasses work up until the SHTF and then the unprepared cry and scream thinking someone should bail them out because they blew it out their rear thinking it could not happen to them.

Do what you feel is right and try to help open her eyes by making her aware of the world around her.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Convincing women is easy, just go slow and take an approach to which they can relate.

Stage 1) "man, another hurricane...just look at those poor bastards. Sure hope nobody gets hurt. Particularly kids...I always worry about the kids."

Stage 2) "God, more hurricanes down in the gulf. Man, they sure have great beaches but I'm starting to be glad we live on the coast/in the mountains/in Ohio/in NYC".

Stage 3) "You know, we don't get hurricanes...but if we ever get hit with a major earthquake/tornado/ice storm/riot, what would we do about the kids/your sister/your mother?

Stage 4) "I've been thinking about earthquakes/riots/avalanches/realistic threats of some kind which do not require any particular political allegiance to believe in and just in case, I picked up a couple of days' worth of supplies, just to last us in case we ever have to wait for the red cross or whatever. As long as the kids/your retarded cousin/your dog is fine, that's the main thing."

Stage 5) "I picked up a couple of extra things because they were on sale...check this out, your favourite soup. I figured we could have some tonight, and keep some with the other earthquake/forest fire/major snowfall stuff."

Stage 6) "You know, we're pretty well set up. I know everybody we know on this block is cool, but I was thinking about that new guy. He's probably fine, I guess. But you know how I have a couple of guns...I was just thinking about how if it were me, I'd want the supplies. Anyway I'm just thinking I should make sure we're stocked up on ammo. Just to make sure that, you know, if things somehow go ****ed or whatever, you and the kids are 100% taken care of."

Start by thinking about what will appeal to them about survival. Women worry about their kids and their families. Don't seem crazy, seem 10% more protective than an average guy.

That should work, because frankly you shouldn't BE crazy. You should just BE a little more protective than the average guy. That's what survival is about. My wife never thinks of me as crazy, because I don't come off crazy. I come off as rational and relaxed, but with an unshakable drive to make sure she's safe. She loves it because she feels well protected.

Stuff like this is all in the delivery IMO.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Just talk to her about all of the stuff that is going on in the world and get her involved in the process. Try out different foods that you want to stock up on. Make sure that she likes them.

It is just like paying car insurance.....you pay it ever month but hope that you never need to file a claim.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    ok, thanks alot guys...and i want to start off by saying i was alittle off base jumping on the fella about my typing/spelling...ect..i have to blame that one on my W.V. wife...LOL i guess trying to keep up with her english, spelling, grammer ect.. only hurt me..HAHA, no honeslty, ive never been good at all that jazz, and im sorry you all, and anyone on any other forum has to deal with it...

also i have read alot of info on here befor i even joined the site, i thought it had lots of stright people and info so i joined...

but i did join the site to seriously help myself learn and prep, for the uncertain future...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteknuckels View Post
    also i have read alot of info on here befor i even joined the site, i thought it had lots of stright people and info so i joined...

but i did join the site to seriously help myself learn and prep, for the uncertain future...
    Welcome whiteknuckels, you've come to the right place. This is the most professional and informative site on the web and you'll find a wealth of info here from some really experienced and knowledgeable people. Thick skin would be a good tool to have in your toolbox at times, though.
    www.king33training.com

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2/1 SFG(A)
    ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM / DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I absolutely agree with misanthropist, and that type of thinking is what worked with my wife. We live in Tampa, do hurricane preparation is a way if life.

I started out with just the basic supplies as provided in list form from the local papers. I then moved on to a bug out bag for each of us, then additional supplies around the house, and we just recently agreed to stock up with a months worth of food.

It's not going to happen overnight, or even as quickly as you want it to. I had to show her the ultimate benefit of being prepared before she really understood. Pointing out and discussing the problems in other areas of the country, and the world, has not been difficult over the last year with so many natural disasters. The key is letting her make the decision to move forward.

Feedback Score
    When it comes to stocking up on food, it is pretty simple...

"No one has figured out how to live without it"

Kudos to the forum for getting this thread back on track without intervention.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast