Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 complete uppers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

.22 complete uppers

What are the best options available now? i have tried searching but it seems that most threads are a few years old.

Feedback Score
    This thread is relatively current.

To contribute, I have a CMMG M4 upper. I have had problems with BDM mags, but based on most reviews, it looks like I just got some bad mags. Stuff happens.
    Last edited by BTS; 07-05-11 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    The Tactical Solutions upper is hard to beat, I have 5000+ rounds through mine and its still clicking. Just use HV ammo and you will be fine in most dedicated 22 uppers

Feedback Score
    One thing to consider is whether or not you want to be able to use the bolt release, hold open and mag drop capabilities of your weapon. I have a Tac Sol that runs perfectly... even with bulk Federal fodder... but it does not use the full AR functionality. The CMMG with bhoa has full functionality.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WWW.GUNN-FIGHTER.COM View Post
    The Tactical Solutions upper is hard to beat, I have 5000+ rounds through mine and its still clicking. Just use HV ammo and you will be fine in most dedicated 22 uppers
    I also have a TacSol and I am finding it getting more reliable each range trip. When I first got it, I was getting 1-3 failures per 100/rounds fired. Now, I don't think there has been a failure in the last 500+ rounds.

Federal and CCI bulk pack works well. In fact, the only ammo that I can absolutely say that it really doesn't like is Remington golden bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by cmb2474 View Post
    One thing to consider is whether or not you want to be able to use the bolt release, hold open and mag drop capabilities of your weapon. I have a Tac Sol that runs perfectly... even with bulk Federal fodder... but it does not use the full AR functionality. The CMMG with bhoa has full functionality.
    That is the real disadvantage of these uppers.

Because of that, I am mainly using mine for practice with target transitions, trigger control and now that I have my sling setup with both uppers, transitions to my pistol.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a CMMG M4 LE Evolution upper with all the bells and whistles. I think I paid right around $500 for it. I've been extremely pleased. When I first got it, I shot it without cleaning until it choked. It made it somewhere between 1000 and 1500 rounds. All I had to do was pull out the BCG and wipe it down to get it running again. Since then, I've been wiping it down every 500 rounds or so. It now has several thousand rounds of various bulk ammunition through it without malfunction.

EDIT TO ADD: I did have an issue early on with the bolt hold open functionality. I ended up having to trim a couple of coils off of the bolt catch spring to get it to lock back on an empty mag.
    Last edited by mechelaar; 07-06-11 at 22:53.

Feedback Score
    18 (88%)
    Any idea if the CMMG Evo upper works with the Geisselle SSA-E trigger?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovaj View Post
    Any idea if the CMMG Evo upper works with the Geisselle SSA-E trigger?
    TOS has threads about hammers that do and don't work in conversions/uppers. One user said the Giessele SSA did not work with the Tac Sol upper but I did not find anything specific to CMMG+Geissele.

CMMG’s documentation recommends against notched hammers but says nothing about match hammer/trigger combos.

It might be something that works fine for one rifle but not another. You might be the guinea pig for that one.
    Last edited by BTS; 07-07-11 at 10:07. Reason: Grammar

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWW.GUNN-FIGHTER.COM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by friendlyfireisnt View Post
    I also have a TacSol and I am finding it getting more reliable each range trip. When I first got it, I was getting 1-3 failures per 100/rounds fired. Now, I don't think there has been a failure in the last 500+ rounds.

Federal and CCI bulk pack works well. In fact, the only ammo that I can absolutely say that it really doesn't like is Remington golden bullet.

That is the real disadvantage of these uppers.

Because of that, I am mainly using mine for practice with target transitions, trigger control and now that I have my sling setup with both uppers, transitions to my pistol.

The TacSol LT upper I have now has been amazing with the right ammo and a rounded hammer. They can be finicky and appear to be lube sensitive at times, but I have been able to shoot a few boxes of CCI without issue in one sitting. For a .22 I thought that was damned good.

Feedback Score
    CMMG "Sierra" .22 upper here. I'm very pleased after 800 rounds. Have had a few stovepipes with Fed. bulk pack along the way, so I only use CCI & Win. ammo now with no issues. WB
    NRA Endowment Life member
    Proud veteran of the Naval Security Group

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast