Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .22 complete uppers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The most beneficial step you can take is buzing the chamber with a .22 bore brush chucked in a drill will some oil. It will make the chamber super smooth and feed reliably.

dave N
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score

Tac Sol + SSA-E trigger

I had no problems with this combination. I recently went out and put about 200 rounds (Federal semi-auto bulk purchased at Wal-Mart) through it with only two failures, one of which was ammunition based (FTF). Of note, the upper had about 1000 rounds through it prior to its use with the SSA-E trigger (broken in) and I always lube the action liberaly (hopefully that does not wear off on my conservative politics).

I just picked up a CMMG upper (couldn't live without the BHOA capability). I like it so far, except the charging handle, gotta contact CMMG about it. Hopefully I can sneak out to the range and put some rounds through it to see how it runs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Charging handle break?

Feedback Score
    That's a big 10-4 on the CMMG charging handle... I am thinking it is a good design, rendered in the wrong material.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have 5 of them. Never had one break. But I do know there was a run of them that had some sort of void inside during the molding process and are prone to break. Problem is, it's not visible from the outside. CMMG will replace it no problem.
    These wereactually designed for other manufacturers bolts that were notorious for empties in the charging handle. The only time I had that issue with a CMMG was in testing a new mag design, which was corrected in the mag.
    A standard charging handle will work fine with these uppers by the way.
    Dave

Feedback Score
    I tried to throw the CH from my Tac Sol upper into the CMMG upper (it at least has the closed end to minimize the likelyhood of the jam you spoke of), but it is binding in the closed position. Quit playing around with it last night, before raising too much suspicion with my wife (didn't get permission for a few of these recent firearms related purchases).

When I get home from work tonight, I am going to try some CH's from my 5.56 uppers and see if they don't bind in the CMMG upper.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know about the charging handle TacSol uses but the upper is just a standard AR flat top upper. I use standard charging handles in a couple of mine.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Still debating between committing to a ruger 10/22 or a dedicated upper so I shall watch this thread intently.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like my 10/22's. But if you own an AR, you are really missing out on some fun not having a .22 upper for it.
    Dave

Feedback Score
    Sounds like some of you are having success with the TacSol upper. Are you using it with 'match' type triggers? If so, please elaborate on how you accomplished that. TacSol sits idle while I happily blast away with my Nordic Components upper.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast