Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Surefire 7.62 MINI

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kknick View Post
    Not my video, but 762 mini on 300 blk.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uIEGXgXtBUY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He had a lot of stoppages in just one magazine.

The Mini sounded good but YouTube vids aren't the best way to judge suppressors.

I'm pretty much stuck in the 556RC or 762 Mini debate myself. Might just end up getting both instead of a 762RC in the future.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have a comparison review or even side by side photos of the SF 762 Mini and the KAC CQB/QDC in 7.62. One of those will be my next can. Outer dimensions seem very close. The advantage of the SF can is that I can use it on my 2 5.56 rifles that have SF muzzle devices.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I don't believe any of the QDC cans have it made it to dealers yet. They're still waiting on the Form 3's.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Anyone have a comparison review or even side by side photos of the SF 762 Mini and the KAC CQB/QDC in 7.62. One of those will be my next can. Outer dimensions seem very close. The advantage of the SF can is that I can use it on my 2 5.56 rifles that have SF muzzle devices.
    No, but I handled both at SHOT. The KAC is around an inch shorter.

I was pretty much set on the 762 mini, then I handled the KAC. Well, my problem with it is the size of the muzzle devices. The flash hider and MAMS from KAC for the 7.62 are 3" and 3.25" long and about 5 or 6 ounces. I don't use brakes that much, and would go with the flash hider. The 7.62 mounts are 2.8" as well.

My 9" AAC of course came with a blackout mount which is 1.75" long and about 4 ounces. AAC is coming out with the mini7, which will be in between the length of the smaller KAC 7.62 and the Surefire 762 mini, something like 5.5" or so and it's pretty cheap compared to the others.

While I prefer Surefire, for my particular use, the AAC might be the best option, I just have to wait a good 6 months for it to become available. That's fine if that's accurate.

The reason the mounts Re an issue for me is that my main use for this rifle will need to be unsuppressed. I started using it because of it's size and this 9" rifle has less blast than my 11.5" 5.56. So, I don't want to add 1.5" to it just so I can use a suppressor on my time. If I could suppress it all the time, I really think I'd go with the KAC.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I was giving the KAC 762 QDC serious consideration until I found out that it would not mount to their 556 muzzle devices. That's a big hit on versatility for a suppressor that costs as much as it does. Of course it would be nice to get the matching 556 QDC as well but that's almost $3k tied up in two suppressors. I just need to win the lottery already.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vereceleritas View Post
    I was giving the KAC 762 QDC serious consideration until I found out that it would not mount to their 556 muzzle devices. That's a big hit on versatility for a suppressor that costs as much as it does. Of course it would be nice to get the matching 556 QDC as well but that's almost $3k tied up in two suppressors. I just need to win the lottery already.
    IMO the 5-6oz mount is the killer. That removes the weight advantage it held over the SF can.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    IMO the 5-6oz mount is the killer. That removes the weight advantage it held over the SF can.

I would only go KAC if I planned on running the gun equally unsuppressed as I would suppressed. The you get the full benefit of the MAMS.

I personally went surefire RC.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011