Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M16 Magazine Couplers

Feedback Score
    KCS

I don't use or recommend the extension - for a right hander you just guide your thumb up and hit the mag release and for a lefty it is your trigger finger- you could actually make an argument that it is easier for a lefty to release the bolt

hope this helps

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    KCS

I don't use or recommend the extension - for a right hander you just guide your thumb up and hit the mag release and for a lefty it is your trigger finger- you could actually make an argument that it is easier for a lefty to release the bolt

hope this helps

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com
    I got this technique beat into me at Mr. Vickers' class last year. One thing that helps if you have short fingers is sticking with the skinnier grips.

Once you get the technique down it really helps get you back on target faster.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    I shoot a long gun left handed and actually with proper training the Redi Mag is perfectly usable for a lefty- in particular the gen II but also the older versions

The Redi Mag, with training, is most definately the fastest way to reload an AR - however as usual there is no free lunch - you pay for that with additional weight and bulk

That is what led Ashley at Blue Force Gear to make the lightweight gen II Redi Mag which is without a doubt the preferred version - albiet a 'custom' model - probably the best flavor of it we will ever see as a polymer version is not forthcoming and most likely never will be

A word of warning about the redi mag- it requires some time to master it; you either commit to it or not - jumping back and forth between guns that have one and ones that don't does not work well at all - and with the older versions a sure way to dump the extra mag on the ground at the worst time
    Larry - thanks for this and the tips in your other post. I'll probably give the RM II a go and see how I can get it to run.

BTW, Tom Bullins says hello.

Feedback Score
    I have the Choate all steel double mag coupler, but don't use it. It's as bullet proof as you can get, and it "Weighs It!" 28 rounds and a quick reload should "get 'er done!"

Tack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123