Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need help: 300 win mag

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    I had my Savage .300WM out to the range this weekend to try out the new Surefire MB762-401R muzzle brake I had installed.
    I have the same gun in 300WM, and I really want to put a muzzle break on it. How much did it run you to have that done if you don’t mind my asking?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I have the same gun in 300WM, and I really want to put a muzzle break on it. How much did it run you to have that done if you don’t mind my asking?
    I had it installed by American Precision Arms that ironicly AAC recommended to me when I was looking at one of their brakes. It was something like $150. It's normaly $125, but the Surefire called for some contoring of the barrel. Turn around was quick and I'm very happy with the work and the brake. They also cut the barrel back from 26" so it would be 26" with the brake at no extra charge.

Sorry I don't have any photos right now. Jerad at APA was great to deal with. I had to order the brake direct from Surefire. Surefire qouted it would be about 45 days because they would have to make it, but I had it in about 10 days.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    I had it installed by American Precision Arms that ironicly AAC recommended to me when I was looking at one of their brakes. It was something like $150. It's normaly $125, but the Surefire called for some contoring of the barrel. Turn around was quick and I'm very happy with the work and the brake. They also cut the barrel back from 26" so it would be 26" with the brake at no extra charge.

Sorry I don't have any photos right now. Jerad at APA was great to deal with. I had to order the brake direct from Surefire. Surefire qouted it would be about 45 days because they would have to make it, but I had it in about 10 days.
    Awesome thanks for the reply! This was good timing because I've been thinking the last week or two that I really want to get a muzzle break installed. As you know, a light gun in 300WM kicks like a freakin mule! I love how accurate it is, but 20 rounds in one sitting with no muzzle break is enough to make you think twice about going back...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    You may find the 300 magnum is not as much fun to shoot as you imagine, especially in a rifle weighing less than 10 pounds.

I really thought this thread was going to be a waste of bandwidth until I saw this which I did not know existed. Pretty cool. To bad I spend my last $10K of mad money keeping my stepdaughter's husband out of jail. I figured it was cheaper to do that than to raise his kids. He's going to pay me back.
    I wouldn't sit waiting for the postman.....

Been there...done that....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    I really thought this thread was going to be a waste of bandwidth until I saw this which I did not know existed. Pretty cool.
    This is pure awesomeness.
    "Amateurs study tactics. Professionals study logistics."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123