Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GG&G rail systems

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Post GG&G rail systems

I would like some feed back on the GG&G tactical modular forearm and the Free float version. Does anyone have these items and if so tell us what the pros and cons are, including the price and quality.

Feedback Score
    Hey LiL,
    I am looking at the same system. The free float one (GGG-1201). I am trying to decide between the GGG-1201, the MI MCTAR-20, and the Troy MRFCM4. I am leaning towards the GG&G because it seems to be the best deal with the included side pannels and offset mount. I will let you know what I decide.

Feedback Score
    I just learned that the GG&G has a lifetime warranty. I am purchasing one tonite along with one of their VFG's. I will let you know what I think when I get it.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    My experiences with GG&G products over the last decade is that they are overpriced and underengineered.

Back in the 90's, GG&G was the only gig in town for custom AR15 parts. Now there are so many other companies offering superior products at lower prices.

YMMV

Literally for just a few dollars more you could get a LaRue rail system, which is light years ahead of the GG&G model in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03
    My experiences with GG&G products over the last decade is that they are overpriced and underengineered.

Back in the 90's, GG&G was the only gig in town for custom AR15 parts. Now there are so many other companies offering superior products at lower prices.

YMMV

Literally for just a few dollars more you could get a LaRue rail system, which is light years ahead of the GG&G model in my opinion.

I would agree with this statement. MI and TROY rails represent some of the best values in the two piece FF market. For one piece FF rails, DD and LT have it nailed IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    I got the GGG-1201 for $204.25 with free 2 day shipping, which is more expensive than the MI, but if you include 2 rail covers and an offset rail into the price of the MI it is around the same price.

I have been researching this purchase for about 2 months now, and from what I have found is that you can't really go wrong with whatever company you go with. They all make fantastic products made in the USA. I have only found a few negative reviews of the Troy where people state that their bottom rail has a slight forward to backward movement, still it seems to be the most popular of the rails. Couldn't find much on the MI but the reviews I received were good ones. Feedback on the GG&G from one person was very good, but the deciding factor for me was the lifetime warranty.

USMC03
    When you said Literally for just a few dollars more you could get a LaRue rail system, which is light years ahead of the GG&G model in my opinion.
    Were you talking about the LT15-7? I have a perm. attached FH on my rifle so a 2 piece was the easiest way for me to get this done.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Which Rail

Ok let me know what you get and how it works. I am in the same boat when it comes to easy install. I looked at the Larue install and it will take some work with a gunsmith if you dont have the knowlege or setup for the work.

The one down fall for the GG&G is it weighs a little over 16 oz but as a friend said, " lift some weights"!! Soldier let me know which rail you get, the install and how it feels. Also send a Pic of your set up.

I have been looking for a couple of months also and leaning towards the GG&G free float version. I am just waiting for a word from a carbine instructor I know who teaches at Gunsite and knows his stuff. I asked for his opinion on the GG&G or another product he would recommend.

Feedback Score
    Lil, I ordered the GG&G yesterday, it should be here monday. It does weigh 16 oz., but that is with all pieces attached, including the 4 side/bottom pannels and the offset mount. I already removed the Delta ring from my M4 with a dremel and it was pretty simple. I will post some pics when I get it mounted.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    where did you order it from??

Feedback Score

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast