Quote Originally Posted by 13MPG View Post
.... Life is much better out where I am now....3,200 acres and a 300M range. I just have to get some more steel targets. The ONLY down side is the grass has to be cut, lol.
Damn straight! I am SO glad I live in the country on a few acres. Not quite as awesome as your setup, but a trip to the range is still only two steps out my back door.

Jellybean did you check out BlackCreek. It's off I-64/I-295 at eastern Henrico/Hanover border. Near RIC airport.
Yeah- thats a little far. I live in SOVA (around the Farmville area) and it usually takes me about 1.5 hours to get to south Richmond (Hull St. area), which is WAY farther than I want to drive to spend a couple hours at the range (unless I'm making a trip to Dominion's range to rent sub-guns or research-by-fire ).

An interesting option for some one down here to check out would be Arrowhead Hunt/Gun Club- can't remember which it's called exactly.
It is membership based, around the Chase City area, but I have never personally been a member so I don't know what their rates are like.
They have a pretty awesome skeet range, as well as pistol and rifle outdoor (covered) ranges. Rifle range has tables for bench shooting.
I do not know what their policies are concerning other (tactical) types of shooting- however the couple times I went with a friend it was just us there, so you could probably do just about whatever you want as they don't seem to be very crowded.
That being said, I heard a while back they had a bunch of dumbass folk come through and shoot up a bunch of their facilities, and they may have changed their views on using semiauto rifles there. Again, I don't know for sure, but that was the rumor going around a while back.