Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 870 express or Wingmaster

Feedback Score
    The Wingmaster is built a little better, but the Express will do the job, too.

There are many suitable defense loads in 20 gauge, no worries there.

I have a 12 gauge Express, and it's served me well for 15 years. It's never seen combat, though. Just clays and doves.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    Quantify that statement. Are you referring to the plastic trigger housing, the QC, the plugged tube, etc.

You already quantified it for me.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Why is it always blahblahblah is plastic and therefore the gun must be an unreliable POS.

You can replace a trigger housing, you can replace the extractor, you can replace one or two other parts if you find that you've got a used express. That's just about it.

The wingmaster is the higher quality gun and I'd go with the 20 gauge but if you really prefer the 12 gauge...and replacing the occasional filling () than the 870 is just fine.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples as far as the setup...both vent ribs, screw-ins, wood/plastic, wear, etc.

I live in shotgun country and have bought/sold about 20 Express's over the years. Picked up #21 this past Monday - like new 20 Youth with plastic stocks for $170 walkout and that is the most expensive one I've ever bought.

Down here, 870's are dime a dozen. A minty Express sells used for <$200 and used Wingmasters about $250-$300.
    The Express's are just too common to buy new...at least down here...

But maybe it's just me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12